Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

A quick share with my Father's Day cards.

Remember last week's Merry Monday sketch?  I tried to use trees as the banners and it didn't work out.  I might add that several of you did use trees and they worked out beautifully!  You can check out the gallery here.


Have I mentioned that DH thinks there needs to be a tree and/or duck or goose on all his cards?  Yeah, I thought so.  So he see's these geese a lot!  There's 3 for our 3 daughters.  He's such a wonderful Dad and Pop Pop!

And I hesitate to even share this one.  I bought this set of stamps at a sale and I had some trouble getting this chickadee to look right.  If nothing else you can see what not to do.


This is the second one I did.  LOL, the first one looked like he had a broken wing.  I sent this one to my Dad who loved getting the mail but didn't notice the imperfections.  What a blessing that I've had such a wonderful Dad!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, The Pines
Ink:  Old Olive, Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  Naturals White, Handsome Hunter, Whisper White
Other:  Simply Scored

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Birds (MS), Sanded, Something to Celebrate
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, SU Markers (Basic Black, Basic Gray, Peach Parfait, Handsome Hunter)
Paper:  Whisper White, Handsome Hunter
Other:  Ovals Framelits, Woodgrain EF

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!



13 comments:

Laura said...

Two awesome masculine cards,Bonnie!! I love the scenery on the first one. And the second I love the Stamp and your coloring is so lovely!! TFS

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, both are so pretty. Love the geese and those trees and your chickadee is great! Two wonderful cards.
lynn

Sue - said...

I think they are both great and can't see anything wrong with the bird. I'm sure your dad loved it.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bonnie, I'm not seeing any imperfections on your card, either! You had me looking, but still, I only see a lovely nature card. :)

Well, make that two, counting the geese card for your DH. Hooray for the wonderful fathers in our lives!

Cynthia said...

Awesome scene on the first--love those geese flying over! And I love the chickadee on the second. Maybe I need to put on my glasses, but I don't see anything wrong with him! He's cute!! =D

Doris said...

I can't find an imperfection either. Both cards are just beautiful! We too are blessed with having my Dad still with us and in good health at 95!

Nikki Spencer said...

I love that gorgeous scene with the geese Bonnie, it's such a lovely idea for a male card. xxx

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Two fabulous cards (I don't see any problems with the second card that you mention - we are our own worst critics and you are too hard on yourself!).

Love the geese ... funny that they need to be on all your hubby's cards :) The chickadee is sweet and I'll bet your dad loved that you made it especially for him. Loll xx

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

Nothing wrong at all .. .. both cards are gorgeous

Love both.

Having a mad catch up in blogland whilst on a mega printing session.

Have a good week.

Love Jules xx

Aileen said...

Hi Bonnie, lovely masculine cards and gorgeous scenes. x

Cathy said...

Love both of these cards Bonnie, perfect for Father's Day. Cathy x

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow - both cards are fabulous Bonnie!

Kim S said...

The tree scene is gorgeous and I think you are your own worst critic on the second, because I don't see a problem with the bird!