Saturday, May 9, 2015

Bird Quartet for ATCAS

You know how I love the birds....


I discovered these little guys on one of my Internet excursions
and fell in love.

Unfortunately, the stamp is discontinued.

Fortunately, someone had a slightly used one for sale....

for way too much money....

but they're mine.

And I'm keeping them!


There's a new challenge over at Addicted to CAS

Jan (LilyPuss Cards) is our hostess this month and she chose


Monika (TinkerCards Designs) is our fabulous new Guest Designer.
Do check out her amazing blog.

Our generous sponsor is

They're offering a $20.00 gift certificate to the winner.


There's a Design Team call at ATCAS.
If you're interested in joining this fantastic team,
be sure to add DT after your name when you enter a card into the challenge.
Good luck to all those who enter!

    **********

Also entering again at
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
Let's Get Sentimental
I love this Penny Black Sentiment.

and
Penny Black and More
Dies and Punches
I have used a Stitched Mat Rectangle Die (Lil' Inker)
and Penny Black Sentiment

    **********

Here's another of our real life feathered friends.

During the winter the goldfinches were more brown than yellow.

Then they started turning gold again, but very slowly.

They were quite spotted for a while.

Their summer coats are much prettier!


Thanks for the visit.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bird Quartet (Inkadinkado), Eloquence (Penny Black), Gorgeous Grunge (SU)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Sky (SU)
Paper:  Solar White (Neena), Real Red (SU), Whisper White (SU)
Other:  Stitched Mat Rectangles (Lil' Inker), Copic Markers, Stampabilities (SU retired)


25 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is so adorable Bonnie. Love it. I love to watch the birds at my Mom's house with her feeders. I love these finches best.

Pam said...

Great card, Bonnie! Love those sweet birds.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A wonderful and beautiful card, love the sentiment.
AND a beautiful photo of your goldfinch too

Bobby said...

No wonder you wanted those birds, Bonnie. They are darling. I love the sentiment, too, and it just went on my wish list. The goldfinches are here and bright yellow now. I sometimes have as many as 30 on my feeder.

Bobby said...

I just realized I already have that sentiment stamp set. I didn't remember until I saw the name you listed. Yay for me!

Loll said...

These birds are SWEET! Love how colourful they are. Doesn't matter the price, they were worth every penny! :) Your goldfinches are so beautiful. That is the brightest yellow I've ever scene. We have had lots of visitors flying through our back yard lately. There's a couple of woodpeckers hanging around. I always get a kick out of them. xx

Susan said...

Lucky you, finding that adorable bird stamp! And I love the way you used it with the bright colours and pale blue background. That Gorgeous Grunge stamp looks fabulous behind it.

Beautiful photo of the goldfinch - that is one bird we have in common!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and lovely sentiment, Bonnie!

OH Babs said...

I like this card and using the grunge stamp as a touch of background is a great idea. As always I love your photos and what a lovely creature to look at.
Happy Mother's Day, Barb

jimlynn said...

All kinds of beautiful birds - in real life and on your card! Cute and pretty card and love the sentiment. The goldfinch is beautiful!
Lynn

Liz said...

An adorable stamp, Bonnie. What a great card! Such a fabulous sentiment too. xx

Sandy said...

I love birds too and these are so very purrtie!!!!
Sandy xx

Kylie said...

Bonnie! I loved this from the moment I saw it on the admin blog. I love the design, your colouring and those wonderful birds! xx

Greta said...

Great picture of the beautiful Goldfinch, Bonnie! I was just admiring the ones at my feeder this morning. LOVE your card--the background strip is just perfect! Hope I'll get to play along being a bird lover myself.

Virginia L. said...

Love the bright colors and layout, Bonnie! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Let’s Get Sentimental” Challenge!

Barb Ghig said...

Great find on this stamp, Bonnie...I think you should hang on to it for dear life! Beautiful coloring, and I love your CAS design, as always! Thanks for sharing the photo of your goldfinch...he/she is really beautiful!

Monika Skinner said...

Hi Bonnie. The birds are beautiful. Love their doodled look and how you combined them with this great sentiment! Thanks for having me as GD. Have a lovely day! X

Pat said...

I can see why you wanted these birds as they are so cute Bonnie and look great on tbat stitched mat. I love your photo of the Golfinch too. x

Jo Nevill said...

Love your birdy card

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

brenda said...

A beautifully stamped Bonnie and really like the funky birds.

Thanks so much for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Chanray said...

your card is absolutely gorgeous!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a pretty card! Love these birds and gorgeous colors!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun colored, focal birds!

Jaydee said...

Bonnie, your sentiment ties together so beautifully with the photo of your goldfinch. Their rich, melodic, pretty little calls make my heart sing every time I hear them! :-) I love your beautifully coloured image and the fact that you layered it on a red mat. Fabulous
hugs
jaydee

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, the sentiment is wonderful too.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Dies & Punches' challenge and good luck x Susan x