Thursday, June 15, 2017

Embossing Paste Reminder for CAS Mix Up

Hello friends.

It's the 15th of the month and a reminder that there's still time to enter at
CAS Mix Up

Here's some more inspiration for you.


The challenge is

I've used stamping, embossing paste through a stencil, Copic marker coloring, die cuts and vellum.

I applied some Wendy Vecchi embossing paste through part of  my
favorite stencil.  I'm sorry it's retired, but I think Tim Holtz has a similar one.

While it was drying, I stamped this graceful flower from a NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff)
and colored it with Copic Sketch Markers.

The curve of the flower made me think of a circle, so I die cut it with a circle die 
and to be a little different, I cut it straight on one side.

I also die cut a larger circle from vellum to frame it a bit.

I added some dots with a white gel pen to give the flower a little more interest.

And it was done.

The Design Team and both of our Guest Designers have some 
wonderful inspiration pieces to show you.

Hope to see you in the gallery!

This fits at Penny Black and More
ANYTHING GOES



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Delicate Florals, Enjoy (PB)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:   Neena, Whisper White Thick, Vellum (both SU)
Other:  Scraped Paint EF (retired MB), Embossing Paste (WV), Stitched Circle Dies (LI), Infinity Circles Die (HA), White Gel Pen


24 comments:

Marianne said...

Such a pretty card, Bonnie. Love the subtle embossed background and the added vellum.

nancy littrell said...

Absolutely Gorgeous main flower image my friend. I LOVE the flow you achieved with your partial circle die cut. Your background stenciling with embossing paste reminds me of rain drops. A beautiful added texture. TFS Bonnie. Hugs..

Loll said...

This is so pretty! I love the embossing paste stria in the background. And your beautiful flower looks perfect nestled into the circle. The vellum frame adds lightness ... love the design. Great colouring with Copics, my friend! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie this is stunning - love the white on white embossing in the background - so subtle
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

Such a graceful and unique and beautiful card! Love the circles partially cut off with that curved stamp and the one circle done in vellum. Just so feminine and soft looking. Plus the embossing paste on that choice of EF....ahhhh. Gonna have to start referring to you as the "Design Queen"!

Mac Mable said...

So pretty...Doesn't' that amazing flower look good cut out with round die? Love the paste and the stencil on the background and what a fabulous card, so eye catching Bonnie x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

That stunning red flower really pops against that beautiful, crisp, white card Bonnie! Love how you have let the design go off the edge and the vellum . . .so much interest on this card! Have a wonderful day my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Brenda in IN said...

Oh, so pretty. I love the curved flower and all the details with embossing paste and vellum. You really have an eye for design.

Doris said...

You certainly are making good use of your paste abilities, Bonnie!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Bonnie! Love the subtle background with the embossing paste...absolutely perfect to showcase that gorgeous flower! Love the layout of this card with the partial circle too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Julia Aston said...

Love the soft embossed lines behind your beautiful curved tulip stamping Bonnie! it looks like rain falling! Julia xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL. Yep! I shouted that out LOL. It's gorgeous.
Faith
x

Nstiz said...

What a unique and creative design, Bonnie! I love this and love the framing on this! Gorgeous coloring too!

Susan said...

Love the texture on the background and also the way the circle goes off the edge and the flower fits inside it so perfectly - a gorgeous card!

Jo said...

Wow, I adore the curved stamped bloom on the edge of that circle. Brilliant!! and those embossing paste lines just balances it out perfectly. The circle vellum is a nice finish too. Beautiful job, love it xx

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous says it all. Love the background with the stencil and embossing paste.

Christine Alexander said...

I just love the white on white Embossing paste and the pop of red for the flower :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card Bonnie..love the hint of texture behind the image.
xx Karen

brenda said...

A very striking floral creation for our June challenge at Penny Black and More, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Papercraft Boutique said...

Love the partial circle design, Bonnie! The flower is beautiful and the background embossing paste looks like real scraped paint! Hideko

Daniela said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like that weathered wood look that the stencil gave your card. That flower is cool too. It reminds me of that style whose name eludes me but is very cool.

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, very elegant.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Bobby said...

Love how the flower curls inside the circle, Bonnie.