Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Butterfly Tango


In case you're getting sick of Christmas Cards, here's the card I did for the clean&simple #115 challenge.  There's some great inspiration over there.  Follow the link and take a look.


I used my new Punch Potpourri stamp set and stamped the largest flower with Tangerine Tango.  I colored in each flower with a blender pen dipped into in the top of my ink pad.  I had this pretty Pacific Point butterfly.  Would you believe that I have a whole container of butterflies?  The embosslit does 5 butterflies at a time and I rarely use them all!

I use the Basic Pearls to adorn the butterfly and Basic Rhinestones for the center of the flower.

Paper Piercing was my border of choice for this card, but oh, oh!  I forgot the sentiment.  Then when I added the sentiment, in the wrong place, I stamped it crooked!  Aargh!  That Word Window Punch saved me on that one.

There's a little sponging on the edges.  I used Baja Breeze for that.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Punch Potpourri
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze
Paper:  Pacific Point, Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Word Window Punch, Basic Pearls & Rhinestones, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, Blender Pen

Thanks for checking in today.  I hope it's a good day for you.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

3 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

These are really pretty colors, Bonnie! And what a refreshing change to see butterflies in November. I'd rather see those (outside!) than snowflakes LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. I love that layout from C&S. The word window punch is such a useful little punch isn't it?

Ayana Posadas said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. I love your coloring and use of the pearls. Great take on the sketch. :)