Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Another Square

Hello again.  Here's the other square in a square card that I did.


The layout is from the Less is More Challenge.  I like this better than the card I posted last, but I'm not sure this fits the challenge since there is supposed to be pure white space around the square.  In CAS cards, white space can be any color, it just needs to be free of image, layer or embellishment.  Since Chrissie's & Mandi's cards had white, white space, I wasn't sure if this was on the up and up.  Anyway, even if it doesn't fit this challenge, I love the hot colors!

These are the colors from this week's ColorQ challenge.  I usually don't get my card for this challenge posted in time, but I think I've made it this week.  Check out these fun colors.

I used the Emboss then Color technique.  I used the background stamp from the For All You Do set and stamped it in Whisper White, then heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder.  Then I took my SU Markers and colored the flowers and stems.  When doing this technique with white, you really need good light.  I felt like I was working blind!  Fortunately the ink wipes off the embossing.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  For All You Do
Ink:  Whisper White, SU Markers (Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede)
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Accessories:  White EP, Butterfly from Beautiful WIngs Embosslit

I'm going to see if I can squeeze a few minutes in to work on a couple of ideas that are bumping around in my brain.

Thanks so much for the visit and I really appreciate those comments.

Enjoy!

Bonnie

19 comments:

Mandi said...

I love this one Bonnie!
Great colours, great layout...FAB
Thank you for your entry
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

liannallama said...

What a pretty card! I love how you framed the image with so much beautiful white space!

Carol said...

Great card, the image is so pretty. Love the colours. Carol x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful card, crisp and clean with perfect colours and stamping love the vibrant card you have used.

Marie

Susan said...

Ooo...I think I like this one more!! LOVE that embossing you did...very striking! Awesome card!
My card is HERE

Chrissie said...

Oh Yum Bonnie, this is fab!
I really love it what a super colour!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely card, that base card is so vibrant and the colour just picked up in the flowers, beautiful!
Val x

Emily Keaton said...

I love the colors, too! And this square card is quite cool. Great job, Bonnie!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Awesome job, Bonnnie! Love this sweet card - the layout is perfect! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I think this counts as "white space" - I love it!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

It doesn't matter what colour the 'white' space actually is Bonnie, it's still called white space! (Another one of those things that amuses me no end!) This is another one of your most impressive cards - I love it! Vx

Christine Blain said...

Bonnie, this is gorgeous!

Nikki Spencer said...

Wow...love the CAS look of this Bonnie, it is devine with those colours, will be casing this for sure...TFS!

Pauline said...

Another very pretty card, just lovely.

Benzi said...

You're doing some beautiful, square cards. I love those hot colors, too. Good job, Bonnie!!

Sue said...

Fabbie Bonnie the image is so so prety Luv Sue x

Sylvia Nelson said...

Lovely card, Bonnie! Love how delicate the flowers are using these bold colors. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Unknown said...

I love this card. There is just something about a square card that always looks great.

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this adorable little card!