Thursday, June 9, 2011

Colored Embossing

I've been busy today trying to get gifts made for my Stamp Club.  We'll be meeting this weekend and I waited until the last minute.  Shame on me!  I'm almost finished but I need to get in there and do some more this evening.  So this will be a quick post of a card I made a couple of weeks ago and never posted.


This was for Technique Challenge #324 to color an embossing folder then emboss and for Color Challenge #322 to use Blushing Bride, Certainly Celery & So Saffron.

No stamping, just coloring the Flower Garden EF with markers and embossing.  I seem to remember that I colored the flowers a bit after with a marker.  I think this technique works much better with bright colors!  This embossed image is lovely plain, but coloring it really makes it stand out!

I used the Ticket Corner Punch on the image and the Blushing Bride mat and mounted it on a piece embossed with my favorite Square Lattice EF.  I tucked a piece of Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon under the design.

Thanks for stopping by.  Sorry to make this so short.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Shirley said...

How totally pretty, Bonnie. I have no followers again. LOL I can't see yours either, but we both know that doesn't mean a thing. LOLOL

Vicky Hayes said...

This is beautiful - the colours are so soft but I can imagine it being gorgeous with bright or deep colours too. Are you keeping the post short because you're itching to get back to your new catty by any chance?!!

Sarn said...

Very pretty and delicate card!
I've come to visit you from Vicky Hayes' blog.

Sandra x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, Blogger wouldn't let me comment after several tries, but I stuck with it 'cause I wanted to let you know that I like your technique! At first, I thought you had heat embossed then used watercolors or chalk inks on your image. Very cool, indeed!

Benzi said...

Very pretty, Bonnie! I like the technique and I like that you used that ticket corner punch on your image and mat. I love that little punch so much.