Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sunset on the Lake

Last summer, when we were in VT, there was the most beautiful sunset over the lake.  The sky was streaked with pink and blue.  Oh, what an awesome sight!   My brother tried to get pictures of it but couldn't quite capture it.  I tried to capture it here, but didn't quite capture it either.  Only God can make a sunset like that!


The colors for this week's Color Challenge on SCS are Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point and Daffodil Delight.  Dessert was to do something summery.  These colors made me remember that sunset.  I think I mastered the colors but the coloring is another story entirely!  I used a combination of sponging and blender pen.  Do you think that's splending?

The SUO Challenge this time is to do a card for our father for Father's Day.  I hope Dad will enjoy this sunset even on a cloudy day.

And this card is to honor last week's Queen for the Day, Pam, aka Bailmac.  She did this card for her father.   I love the way she tied the string.  In fact, I love everything about her card.  I used different colors and stamps, but kept the layout pretty much the same.  I know this is late for Pam but I hope she has enjoyed her reign.  I sure enjoyed browsing her gallery and CASEing her card.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sail Away
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight SU Marker (Chocolate Chip)
Paper:  Naturals White, Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point
Accessories:  Blender Pen, White Gel Pen, Word Window & Modern Label Punches, twine

The timer is yelling at me that supper is about to be over done.  Got to go.

Thanks for stopping by to visit.

Enjoy!

Bonnie

9 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great fathers day card bonnie-love this image more & more every time I see it

Emily Keaton said...

Yes, definitely "splending"!!! Love how you tied the string. Your sunset sky looks beautiful, Bonnie!! Yup, you nailed those colors. Gorgeous!

Benzi said...

OMG, I think this is a most gorgeous card. Love your image and the splending...yes, I think I agree with that. Ha

Sue said...

Wow take me to the sea and you did fantastic Luv Sue x

Shirley said...

Very artistic use of the colors! I love it and think you should frame it!

Vicky Hayes said...

You are such a talented stamper Bonnie and now you are coming up with names for the techniques too! Splending describes it perfectly and it works beautifully - your card looks like an impressionist painting!

Margaret said...

Splending! Love it & will have to add it to my stampin' vocabulary! Beautiful card, especially the splending! The clouds look so real!

Jen Timko said...

Yep, splending is splendid! Great card! Glad to see you again at SUO Challenges!

Heidi Baks said...

This is such a great stamp for artistic techniques, and I love what you have done! Thanks for playing SUO Challenges.