Friday, August 26, 2011

Paper Playin Queen

I'm coming in just under the wire with this one. I had baby Jack all day and he didn't cooperate with card making at all! He's still young. Hopefully I can train him to let Nana play!


The Paper Players Challenge this week is a sketch challenge. This is a great sketch for my favorite CAS style of card.


And the Queen for the Day at SCS is Linda aka Holstein. Linda has been so gracious to comment on my cards at SCS. I love her gallery and did a combination of two cards. You can see them here and here. What a pleasure to honor her!

I embossed the top of a piece of Whisper White cut 5 1/2" x 4" with the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder. Then I flipped it over and scored lines 1/4" apart on the bottom. Did you know that Stampin' Up! will be selling a scoring tool? It will be available to the public on September 1st.

The butterflies are stamped with StazOn and painted with a blender pen dipped into ink pads.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Kindness Matters, Three Little Words
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Pool Party, Island Indigo
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: Big Shot, Elegant Lines EF, Simply Scored, Black Satin Ribbon, Corner Rounder Punch, Basic Pearls

Thanks so much for coming to visit today. I really love hearing from you.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

None None said...

Love the colors you used - the card looks so serene and peaceful and versatile too!

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous Bonnie! Love the scored lines--it looks like beadboard. The pop of blue on the butterflies is fabulous! So glad you were able to play with us this week!

LeAnne said...

Ahhh, my favorite stamp set, my favorites colors....couldn't be better! I am glad you found some stamping time....babies have a way of taking up your time, don't they!? Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at the Paper Players!

Lauri said...

This is so pretty! Love how you used the Elegant lines embossing folder and the gorgeous butterflies! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful, Bonnie! I love everything about this card, and can't wait to get my hands on that sweet stamp set when it comes out in Australia 1st Sept.

Lesley said...

How pretty Bonnie, I love the white space, that is embossed and the Brads? Pearls? are a nice touch! Great to see you at the Paper Players this week!
Hugs,
Lesley

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Bonnie! Love the crisp, embossed background and the soft colors on your butterflies. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Kim S said...

Such a beautiful use of embossing! This three simple butterflies look perfect on that gorgeous background.

Benzi said...

So happy you're getting to play again. Lovely card for Holstein. She does have a gorgeous gallery, doesn't she? You've done some very pretty scoring and embossing, Bonnie.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is lovely