Thursday, December 1, 2011

Lovely as a Frosty Tree

The Color Challenge at SCS this week is to use Kraft, White & Pear Pizzazz.  Dessert is dots, spots or circles.


I stamped a scene with this tree from my Lovely as a Tree set, then cut a 1 7/8" x 4" piece for this card.  It's matted on a piece of Crumb Cake cut 2" x 4 1/8" and adhered with dimensionals.

I think I like this tree stamped in a darker ink, but The Pear Pizzazz gives it a misty look, maybe?!  I added some spots of snow with Dazzling Details.  Can you see them better here?

The sentiment is stamped with Whisper White and heat embossed with White embossing powder.


When I saw that the Tuesday Throwdown challenge was for a Masculine Christmas card, I thought this was a good fit.  I've never participated in this challenge, but my friend Brenda of Benzi Stamps is on the Design Team and I keep meaning to play.

All supplies SU
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, To You and Yours (retired)
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, SU Marker (Crumb Cake), Whisper White
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Other:  White EP, Dazzling Details

Jack has a new trick.  He hold on to our ears (or earrings) and just about eats us up with sloppy kisses.  I'm hoping that baby kisses are a good moisturizer.  Think of all the money I'll save!

I'm so glad you stopped for a visit.

Enjoy!
 

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

Very pretty! I really like this against the Crumb Cake.
Lynn

laurie said...

I love how you did this...so pretty!

Cynthia said...

It's like a "walking through a forest on a snowy morning" kind of card! :-) I really like the pear with the kraft. Beautiful combination!

Benzi said...

Bonnie, I'm so glad you got to join us this week at Tuesday Throwdown. You know, I don't think I've ever seen a stamp set that can be used in so many ways and they all turn out to be beautiful. I can't believe I never got that gorgeous set. Your card is great for a masculine...love the image on Crumb Cake.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is beautiful Bonnie and I agree with you about the misty look. Enjoy those baby kisses - I well remember the days when all my earrings had to be put away!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

gorgeous simplicity and it certainly is a very peaceful card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown. xxx Steph

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I REALLY like the misty look of this and it goes so well on the Kraft card, love it.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Isn't it funny that we rarely like anyone else slobbering on us, but babies can have free reign? LOL It's 'cause they're so darn cute!

I chuckled to myself when I saw this Lovely As A Tree evergreen today, because I was just dreaming about using it this morning! Yes, it showed up in a dream. Do *you* dream about stamping, too?

Doris said...

Bonnie, this is a beautiful card! can't wait to try it myself...

Shirley said...

Bonnie, where have I been! This is just so pretty!!

Shirley said...

Very Holly lovely and elegant!