Thursday, March 22, 2012

Another Merry Monday

I've done another card for this week's Merry Monday challenge.  Want to take a look?


I stamped a border with the mistletoe stamp from the Easy Events stamp set then colored the leaves and berries with markers.  Then I double matted it and tied it up with a bow.

My Bird Builder punch hadn't had any love in quite a while and using it was like finding an old friend.  The body of the bird was punched from Real Red. Then I stamped the bird from the retired Hostess set, Punch Potpourri, with Craft white ink and punched the wings from that.

The sentiment is also retired.  I believe the set was Small Script.

Here's the sketch again in case you missed it last time.  


Stampin' Up! supplies

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Easy Events, Punch Potpourri, Small Script
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Whisper White Craft, SU Markers (Garden Green, Real Red)
Paper:  Whisper White, Garden Green, Real Red
Other:  Bird Builder Punch, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Basic Pearl

We looked out the door yesterday evening and it looked so smoky that we thought there was a house on fire in the neighborhood.  But we didn't smell any smoke.  We realized that it was a cloud of pollen and rushed to make sure all the windows were shut tightly.  This morning everything had a thick yellow coat.  It is messy but a small price to pay to see the green on the trees and the flowers blooming.

I'm so happy you stopped by.  Thank you so much for leaving me comments so I can visit you too.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a great CAS card! I love your use of those stamps sets too! Good luck!

Cynthia said...

I LOVE this card!! The bird is so cute. I LOVE how he's perched on joy! And we have the same yellow cloud of pollen here in SC too. I thought the neighborhood was on fire just like you did! I've never seen it this thick and the lack of rain isn't helping!!!

Kay said...

What a gorgeous but simple card! Thanks for so much inspiration. I am a fairly new subscriber, and without an original bone in my body, I am delighted to find such beautiful cards that I am able to CASE. I look at the sketches, but without the example of your card, I am still stumped. Now, I see the possibilities! Thank you!!!

Lisa said...

Oh my, this is just gorgeous! I love the mistletoe and the bird is just perfect for this!

Benzi said...

Bonnie, I love your car dof birds and berries...it is soooooooo pretty.
We have tons of pollen, too. I can't believe the trees are full of leaves. Everything is about a month early.

Catie Cuddles said...

Love the stamped panel and the cute use of the bird punch and stamped wing.

Lesley said...

I love the colours you used Bonnie, that bird is adorable and mixed with the holly is perfect!! Thank you for being such a wonderful GD this week and for leaving comments for others. I am just back from a 4 day trip with my husband, so I am catching up and commenting right now.
Hugs,
Lesley

G Peplow said...

Love your card Bonnie, festive and beautiful:0) Don't envy you the cloud of pollen, as an athsma sufferer it wouldn't be much fun here either, hope it cleared quickly, shame it sticks to everything too! Have a great weekend, Gay xxx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love it! That mistletoe reminds me of Peaceful Wishes stamp set. The fancy pattern on the bird's wing is a great touch.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! Love the mistletoe border with your beautiful bow and the punched bird! Perfect holiday card! :)