Friday, May 11, 2012

Christmas Rose

It's Friday and I have my Merry Monday card ready to share.  Have a look.

Here's the sketch Lesley gave us.


And here's what I came up with.


I've wanted to do this rose in red on a Christmas card since I got the stamp set.  It's about to retire, so I thought I'd better get to it.

It was really hard to get a good picture of this.  The colors in the rose look better IRL and it's done on Shimmery White cardstock so it has a little bit of sparkle and looks like velvet. 

I liked the way the Merry Christmas tucked underneath the branch.

I'll send this to SCS for the Christmas Card challenge there too.  There's a wealth of inspiration for Christmas cards in that gallery.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Happiness Shared, Come to Bethlehem
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Always Artichoke
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Shimmery White
Other:  Reinkers (Rose Red, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede), Aqua Painter, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF

I just received an email telling me that this card won an honorable mention at Dynamic Duos.


That makes me a Dynamic Darling!  Who would have thought?   They will post a new challenge tomorrow.

I'm so glad you stopped by.  Have a great weekend and I hope you get a chance to stamp.

Enjoy!

14 comments:

Benzi said...

Bonnie, you certainly deserve to be a Dynamic Darling for this card...it is awesome!!!! You should have been using this set all along. Wow!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on being a Dynamic Darling, Bonnie!! THat's exciting. :)

This rose is just perfect for a Christmas card, of course in Red. The sentiment fit like the two elements were made for each other.

Thanks for playing with us at Merry Mondays!

Cynthia said...

Congrats on being a Dynamic Darling--that card was gorgeous!! Just like today's! ;-) LOVE the layers. And I agree--that sentiment tucked in below the rose is perfect.

Lisa said...

What a lovely Christmas card Bonnie! I really love the use of the rose and how the simple red and white cardstock frames it!

Congrats on the mention at Dynamic Duos, completely well deserved!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! I love that you used this stamp set for a Christmas card! I would have never thought too but this looks wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, this is such an elegant Christmas card. It is going into my CASE folder.
Congratulations on your Dynamic Darling award. Well deserved.

Bev J. said...

Congrats on your award! Beautiful card and I love the embossing-adds so much!

Darnell said...

Mmm, Bonnie, so lovely. Your card looks like velvet in unreal life, too, so I can only imagine how gorgeous it is in real life! And congratulations on your Dynamic Duo shout-out!!

Lesley said...

Congratulations on your DD win! Another pretty card here, love that you used that flower image for Merry Monday.

LeAnne said...

Just lovely, Bonnie! I like the sentiment tucked under the flower, too! And congrats on your DD win!

Vicky Hayes said...

Congratulations on your win Bonnie and I love this rose as a Christmas image - what a great idea!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, your flower is so pretty. Thank you for joining us this week for Merry Monday.

Rose said...

congrats on your win :)
this is a beautiful card!!!
so glad you joined us on merry mondays :)
Rose GD

Aileen said...

Very pretty Bonnie. Love the rounded edges and background texture. Gorgeous rose. x