Thursday, September 27, 2012

Colleen's Sketch

Hello peeps.  I'm going for another Autumn colors card today.


The CAS challenge at SCS this week is a sketch challenge.  And I was delighted to see that the card we are to use for the sketch was by my friend Colleen when she was a Guest Designer for this challenge.  You can see her beautiful card here.

I used a marker to ink the trunk of the tree then inked the leaves with More Mustard and thumped with Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Cajun Craze.  After stamping, I used a blender pen to smooth it all out and dropped some leaves on the ground with the points of the markers.

I was so excited to find some scraps that were the size I needed for those strips! Me and my scraps are going to visit Pixie's Crafty Workshop.  There's always some fun going on over there.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Three Little Words (retired)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, SU Markers (Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Cajun Craze)
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Snippets of DSP
Other: Blender Pen

I'm so glad you stopped by today.  Hope to see you again soon.

Enjoy!







12 comments:

Cynthia said...

What a peaceful card, Bonnie! I love the colors of the leaves--so beautiful!

Mrs A. said...

Love your card. The colours are so lovlely for Autumn. Love how you 'Thumped' the tree!!! Hugs Mrs A.

Darnell said...

Great job, Bonnie! I love that tree stamp and need to get mine out!

Had to tell you the twinks can see the marbles, no trouble. A couple of years ago we had a lot of fun rolling them up and down the hallway, which now has that "distressed" wood appearance, but that's okay. They haven't been interested lately.

But could you send Jack over to play? Oh, and have him bring his rag with him! Thanks!

Sarn said...

OOH . . . this just screams Autumn to me. I LOVE this card. It's so CAS and elegant. Thanks for sharing your colouring tips.

I'm off to the playground swings . . . see you there!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is so lovely, even calming, love the colours

Di said...

Hi Bonnie - wow, what a stunner. I love the colours and those leaves are so beautifully done.

Paintpots and brushes for the interior of the tree house are in the far corner of the playground - still waiting for Mrs A to finish the curtains off right now.

Hugs, Di xx

Benzi said...

Ooh, look at that tree...looks like it is on fire with Fall leaves. Beautiful!! Good case of Colleen's gorgeous card.

Loll said...

Gorgeous Autumn tree. Love the colors!

Aileen said...

Hi Bonnie. Love your choice of grounding for your tree. Gorgeous colours. x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

HI Bonnie this is really so splendid cant beat simplicity in form and colours see you at the sea saw! Shaz in oz.x

jimlynn said...

Beautiful way to use that tree from Lovely as a Tree set!
Lynn

MaryH said...

Hopped in from Pixie's Playground for visit. This beauty has all lmy favorite things: A gorgeous tree, autumn colors, embossing folders, goodness...and I love the layout design. Just became your newest follower, and hope you'll visit my corner of blogland. Be back to see you soon, and TFS