Monday, September 10, 2012

Merry Monday Frosty Friends

It's a snowman party for Merry Monday this week.


When I saw this stamp in the Holiday Mini catalog, I knew I had to have it.  These little guys looked like they were having so much fun getting ready for the holidays.

And Lesley's sketch worked perfectly when I tipped it a bit.  Don't ya think?


It's not quite an oval.  I cut the design piece with the largest die from the Apothecary Accents Framelit then whacked off the ends.

I hope you'll join  us at Merry Monday this week.  And check out the beautiful creations from the rest of the design team.
                      Lesley Croghan (off this week)
Wendy Aungst
Narelle Farrugia
               Bonnie Klass (that's me)
     Terry Blais (FD)


All supplies are Stampin' Up! Unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Frosty Friends, Teeny, Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Pool Party, SU Markers (Real Red, Lucky Limeade, More Musttard, Crumb Cake)
Paper:  Whisper White, Island Indigo, Summer Smooches & retired DSP
Other:  Northern Flurry EF, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Small foam applicator (non SU), Word Window Punch, Dazzling Details

I've been missing sharing with you nearly every day.  It's been pretty busy around here.  It's good to be busy, but I've had to do without some pleasures to keep afloat.  Hopefully I will be back in the swing later in the week.  I've really missed the challenges and blog visiting.

Thanks Darnell for letting me know that my Simply Simple card got honorable mention at Addicted to Stamps.  What a nice surprise! 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!


12 comments:

Benzi said...

Fun and lovely card, Bonnie. The snowmen are such cuties. Congrats on your honorable mention for your Simply Simple. That always gives a great feeling.

Kim S said...

Fantastic shape to highlight these darling guys! The banners and the touch of sparkle make it extra festive!

Cynthia said...

Oh, Bonnie, your card made me laugh!! I LOVE the snowmen! What a fun image!! And congrats on your Honorable Mention too! :-)

Terry said...

This is such a fun card! I love the colors and embossing. I think the blue between the snowmen really make them POP.

Hugs,

Terry (FD)

Darnell said...

I've missed you, Bonnie. I hope you get more balance (i.e., more crafting time) in your life soon.

I love me a snowman party and your group looks like a riot to me! It's an adorable whimsical card, beautifully executed!!

Wendy said...

Super adorable and oh so festive, Bonnie! I loved these snowmen too when I seen them in the mini but so far I have not bought them. Love how you flipped the sketch and the pretty mix of papers! Love this one! :)

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, these snowmen look like they are having a wonderful party. Beautiful card.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love those partying snowmen Bonnie! Very clever of you to use the apothecary framelit for your oval shape - I'm going to have to remember this one!

Aileen said...

Hi Bonnie

I'm eyeing up this stamp too. Love the way you've turned the sketch. The banners look fab. x

Colleen Dietrich said...

I agree: it's a good tweak to the sketch. Those snowmen are cute!

Congrats on getting honorable mention at ATS! Whoo hoo!

Notes by Nina said...

What a fun card Bonnie, your snowmen are adorable. This sketch looks wonderful flipped.

Ellen Taylor said...

Fun snowmen image! Awesome papers, love what you did with the sketch!