Friday, September 14, 2012

Autumn's Foliage

When I saw the Serene Silhouettes stamp set, I imagined these trees clothed in Autumn's splendor.  While I can't begin to create what God has done so beautifully, I can  have fun trying to share it on paper.


I think I can get this in the Less is More challenge in time. This week they're asking for FOLIAGE on a One Layer Card.

The One Layer Wednesday challenge, which I've neglected lately is hosted by Cheryl.  She's asking for an AUTUMN card.

The Ways to Use It challenge at SCS is to use Markers. Painting the stamp with my markers is one of my favorite techniques!

The Free for All challenge at SCS is to use the Corner Rounder punch.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Serene Silhouettes, Three Little Words (retired)
Ink: SU Markers (Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Lucky Limeade, Summer Starfruit)
Paper:  Very Vanilla
Other:  Blender Pen, Simply Scored, Corner Rounder Punch

Whew!  It's taken longer to edit the picture and do the blog than to do this card.  Well, not if you count the first try that didn't work out.  You'll be seeing part of that on another card though.

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit.

Enjoy!


14 comments:

Kim S said...

You've captured the splendor!

kingstonmama said...

This is so pretty, Bonnie. The colors in your leaves are absolutely gorgeous. This is a technique I need to try. I rarely use markers on stamps. Ann

Mandi said...

Oh goh Bonnie this just sensational
Stunning stunning card
Thanks very much
Mandi LIM

Darnell said...

Talk about high five for getting into four challenges! Way to go, Bonnie! My Thursday card was actually only for two challenges, but it sounded like I was doing four. You really have and I'm impressed.

That image is so sweet and is another one that evokes childhood memories of changing leaves in Iowa. I think God would be pleased at how well you've recreated his work!

Have a great weekend!

Benzi said...

A beautiful Fall creation, Bonnie. I love the awesome Autumn colors.
Great to get in four challenges with this card.

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely LOVE the colors!!

Loll said...

Oh Bonnie ... that is beautiful!! I would never have thought of turning the silhouette stamp into that gorgeous fall tree! Wow!

Wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster award. Please check out my blog for the details:
http://www.stampingwithloll.com/2012/09/panda-birthday-and-leibster-award.html

jimlynn said...

A lovely card and so perfect for fall!
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such beautiful colours, just perfect for the season

RitaR said...

Love your card design and coloring! Such a lovely fall scene.

I wonder if you would please share your technique for coloring the ground underneath the trees? Was it sort of a marker thumping technique?

Sherry Eckblad said...

What a great card Bonnie. I love the fall colors and the embossed rectangle on it. Perfect one layer card.

Colleen Dietrich said...

REally gorgeous colors, Bonnie!

Aileen said...

So pretty. Love the scene. x

Cheryl said...

Very pretty, Bonnie. Beautiful colors. Using markers on stamps is something I haven't done in ages. I love the effect you achived. You've inspired me to pull out my markers....

Thanks for playing along this week.