Friday, March 8, 2013

Featuring Sue

The Featured Stamper at SCS this week is Sue (aka suen).  I had a hard time deciding which of her lovely cards I wanted to CASE.  I think I'll be CASEing more of her cards in the days to come.  This is Sue's lovely card that I CASEd this time.

Here's what I came up with.



I used the same stamp set but used just the large flower.  I stamped the flower 3 times and cut each out. Then I used the Paper Tole technique on the flower.  I used a white background, different embossing folder and ribbon and different sentiment.  I put some micro beads in the center. I'm not sure I really like them there, but there's no going back now!

Addicted to Stamps and More is looking for CLEAN AND SIMPLE cards this week.

CAS on Sunday    Challenge #3 - Happy Birthday!

Simon Says Stamp Challenge since this has a Bit of Green.


All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: Blooming with Kindness, Field Flowers 
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Regal Rose, Primrose Petals, Lucky Limeade
Paper:  Whisper White
Other:  Vine Street EF, Lucky Limeade Ribbon, Micro Beads, Crystal Effects


I know some of you are buried in snow.  Take heart. Spring isn't far away.

I'm so glad you could stop by today.  Let me know so I can return the favor.

Enjoy!

22 comments:

Benzi said...

Your flower is so pretty on this wonderful CAS card, Bonnie. And, I really like that embossing folder.
When I use micro beads, I seem to get them everywhere.

Sue - said...

Hello Bonnie. Your card is lovely and I'm sure the beads look great IRL. Difficult to see in a photo though. Did you glaze the flower?

jimlynn said...

That flower is so vivid against the beautiful embossing! Very pretty.
Lynn

Cynthia said...

Oh, how sweet! Love the little flower--microbeads and all! =D

Carol L said...

This popped up flower looks gorgeous against that embossed background, and I love the fonts on the sentiment! Very pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love that flower against the white background. Thanks for the link to the tutorial...that looks like a fun technique, and it sure works wonderfully on your card!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie!

Darnell said...

Nice CASE, Bonnie! I think the beads are cool and so is that new EF!!

Sue - said...

Thanks for your comments Bonnie. I wondered about the glazing as the flower looks glossy to me in the photo.

Kylie said...

Just beautiful, Bonnie! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card Bonnie!!!

Susan said...

Wonderful CASE of suen's card! I agree that she has a gorgeous gallery - I could CASE many of her cards!

Aileen said...

Very classy. Love the pop of colour from your beautifully placed flower. x

Nancy said...

The flower looks awesome and infact I love the entire card! Wouldn't have known they were micro beads though, I have never used them. Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Wonderful card and love the idea of the beads for the centre of the flower

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

A great card.

Love that embossing folder very much!

I hope you have had a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

Kay Miller said...

Wow! That flower is so pretty! I love the layering! The embossing is gorgeous too!

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Great dimension with the fabulous embossing folder ... need to add that to my wish list! :) Great dimension with your paper tole flower with beaded center. Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATS&M. Loll xx

cheiron said...

Such a pretty card and that flower is fabulous! Great dimension. Thanks for playing along with the Bit O'Green Challenge this week over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Danielle Vincent said...

Lovely Bonnie! That embossing is so neat with your flower,. Love the microbeads in the middle and kudos on the fussy cutting. thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS on Sundays!!!

Unknown said...

So elegant and soooo pretty! I love the dry embossing and that fab flower. Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sundays Happy Birthday challenge!!!