Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Circle Piercing for Queen Stacy

The Queen at SCS this week is Stacy, aka twinshappy!  Stacy has a wonderful gallery, full of inspiration.  She's also very encouraging with her comments and has endeared herself to many, many of us at SCS.  I chose this card as my inspiration.  Here's my version....



Did you notice that I've jumped on that Washi wagon?  LOL, I wasn't going to get caught in that.  Then I was visiting Hobby Lobby and they had some on clearance.  And it was yellow!  So what was I to do?  It jumped in my hands and rode home with me.  Then I got the new Stampin' Up! catalog and saw that they have some.  That jumped in my cart too. So I guess I'm going to be using Washi!

The daisy is inspired by my friend Loll.  You may remember that I've used some of her beautiful, big daisies that she sent me.  You can see one of those cards here and another here.  Loll has also made some small daisies that fell in love with on her blog.  So while I was at Hobby Lobby, a daisy punch landed in my bag too. LOL, I need to stay out of that place!  I think I got it pretty close to Loll's.  Thanks, my friend, for giving the details so I could make some candy!

I punched 2 daisies from some scraps of Whisper White and folded each petal by laying my bone folder along the center and pulling the sides up with my fingers.  Does that make sense? Then I laid each on my piercing mat and used a large stylus to press the center.  This brings the petals up.  I punched a scrap of Daffodil Delight with the circle from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack and added some Crystal Effects to the top of it.  After it was good and dry I glued one punched daisy on top of the other and added the circle.  And did a joyful dance!  It looked like I wanted it to! 

Loll has a tutorial for her large daisy.  If my how to is clear as mud, check that out.  She did pictures and a wonderful, step by step tutorial.

Addicted to CAS is going in Circles this week


The CAS challenge at SCS this week is Tool Time-Use Your Paper Piercer!  The daisy is a circle with a circle in the middle and I've pierced a big circle all round.

Simon Says Challenge is still doing ANYTHING GOES so I'm taking this over there to join the nearly 1000 other cards in that gallery.

Pixies Playground is still in one piece despite the fact that Di is off celebrating elsewhere.  So I'll take my snippet daisy over there to play.

Wow, that's a lot of challenges for this super CAS card!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: So Happy for You (retired)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Other: Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Scallop Edge Corner Punch (retired), Essenstials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper  Piercing Tool, Crystal Effects, Daisy Punch (Paper Studio), Washi Tape

I'm so glad you could stop by. I hope you'll come again soon.

Enjoy!







26 comments:

Cathy said...

Love this beautiful daisy Bonnie, and the yellow washi! Great take on all of those challenges :) Cathy x

Cynthia said...

OhMyGosh!! LOVE. New favorite card. Totally CASEing this one. WOW.

There. I think that about covers it! ;-)

Benzi said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. Great job on the flower. I like Washi and have a good bit in my craft room. Funny how things jump in your cart, isn't it? LOL

Laura said...

Beautiful card,Bonnie!! SO Bright and cheerful when I look at this amazing card! Love that daisy. LOL at all the amazing stuff that ends up in your cart. That seems to happen to me alot too. I might have to take a trip to Hobby Lobby again, Because some of that washi tape has not landed in my cart,YET! ;)

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful card Bonnie. Love the paper piercing, the yellow, the washi......gorgeous; and Loll will be delighted you've made her flower! Thanks so much for joining us for this challenge at A2CAS.

Karen x

jimlynn said...

The washi looks great and love all the yellow. Reminds me of a perfect Springtime day.
Lynn

Marie Bingaman said...

Such a pretty card Bonnie! I'm not usually into yellow, but I like this one alot! :)

Darnell said...

You are getting so good at making your cards fit lots of challenges any more, that it no longer surprises me, Bonnie! Amazes me, yes, but doesn't surprise me!

I felt the same as you about the Washi tape craze. Say what? Nah, I said. Then I won some. And the twinks absolutely fell in love with it.

And then you go and make a sensational card like this using it, which is screaming "CASE me," so my purchases are validated all the way around!

Also, excellent job channeling Loll and her brilliant flower card candy! You are now, officially, unstoppable and I'm thrilled to see it!!

MaryH said...

I can feel that joyful dance all the way down to SC! Deservedly so, I might add. Love this bright summery card. Looked at your inspiration, liked that also, but yours seems much 'brighter' - if that makes sense. I hear you on the Washi. Haven't seen that bright cheery yellow, but ACM had some for $1.00 (not great colors) that jumped into my cart too. That stuff is skittery, so we got to watch it. It's kinda like those little movie critters that multiply, I think. Forget what they were called! This is a great card, and TFS how you made the daisy. Might have to try that, and I'll check out Lol's tutorial. I was wandering around on her blog this afternoon, having a wonderful read. Hugs

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. LOVE the white and yellow ... so fresh and summery! Yum!

Love your washi tape. I was the same, wasn't going to get into it ... but I somehow ended up with the new three pack from SU! ... and just picked up another roll from Simon Says - LOVE IT! I am now a washi fan ... and I love the three you've used ... they are perfect together!

Great job on the daisy - it's beautiful! And thanks for the shout out. Also love the pierced circle.

I've haven't had time to visit much lately, but hope to be back more regularly soon. For now, so glad I stopped by to see this beauty!

Loll xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie-love the fresh yellow and white and your Daisy flower is just perfect.
Nessa xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card and the pierce circle makes a perfect finishing touch.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Di said...

Just PERFECT Bonnie - and the 'destructions' are easy to follow so thank you for that. Love the sunny yellow too!

Now, I make it that you entered three times last week and this is two this week - please do try for that all important third card which gives you an extra chance plus one this week 'cos I know how much you want that stamp! :)

Hugs, Di xx

Karen Petitt said...

Saw this at the playgrouond and had to come have a closer look. Its a really beautiful card and I love your flower hugs Karen

Susan said...

It might be a CAS card but not so simple given you made the daisy yourself! And did a great job of it! Love the little details like the pierced circle and the punched upper right corner.

Sarn said...

Oh this is so beautiful and CAS and summery. LOVE it.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful sunny design, I love the pricking design. The masculine design after this one is also wonderful. Have a great day, Shirley

Mrs A. said...

Very pretty. Love your simple piercing done in a circle and your tut is lovely and clear. Yellow and white is so zingy together. Same colours as my kitchen. Hugs Mrs a.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous Bonnie, love the happiness in it.

Brenda said...

Love the washi tape. This is a beautifully designed card.

Brenda said...

If you are in desperate need of more Washi Tape....visit
http://www.consumercrafts.com/

It is currently only a dollar per roll.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love the summery yellow and white combo Bonnie - it looks so clean and fresh. The piercing is a fabulous touch - beautiful layout too.

Thank you for joining us at ATCAS - hugs, Sylvia xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

sunny and bright card....

Anonymous said...

Sooo lovely, Bonnie, the yellow and white is simply delicious and sunny and happy! Must get some washi ... some of that jumping-in-the-basket type would be ideal! Anita :)

Unknown said...

This is really gorgeous Bonnie! I love the yellow and white and the paper piercing and the daisy are fab together!
Lizy xx

Doris said...

Ooh! I love this one, especially since yellow is my favorite color.