Monday, August 26, 2013

Merry Monday Scentsational Season

Happy Merry Monday to you.  I used a NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) that had been sitting on my shelf since last Christmas.



Here's the wonderful CAS sketch that Lesley gave us for this week.


All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Scentsational Season (retired), More Merry Messages
Ink:  Gumball Green
Paper:  Gumball Green, Whisper White, Champagne Glimmer
Other:  Holiday Collection Framelits Dies (retired), Stitched Frames Rectangles (Lil' Inker), Gumball Green Ribbon, Red Rhinestones (Mark Richards Elements)

I stamped the Christmas tree image on my 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" whisper white piece that had been embossed with the Stitched Frame die.  Then I cut the tree out with the Framelit and placed it back in the outcut after adhering the white piece to the card with dimensionals.

The star was diecut with the star from the same Framelit set.

Other Challenges:
Christmas Card Challenge Break out your Punches (Remember, though, that the only real rule to play along with us is to make a holiday or Christmas card so that you're not in a mad rush come December.  And if I may point out that today is August 25th which means Christmas is just a mere 4 months away.)

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Inspiration Photo which normally sends me running in the opposite direction.  But I'm learning that it's all up to me and whatever inspires me about the photo.  I see the trees, the red and green colors and the polka dot squares.  That wasn't so hard!


Jingle Belles:  I went diagonally with die cut or punch, red or green, dry or heat embossing. (Although the stitched frames is a die, it really embosses more than it cuts.  At least on my machine.  I hope this will count.)


Rudolph Days at Stamping for Pleasure where the only rule is to create a Christmas card that's festive. 

I hope you'll be in the mood to make a Christmas card and join us at Merry Monday.  Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team cards.  They're fantastic!


30 comments:

Benzi said...

Bonnie, this is such a beautiful CAS Christmas card. I really like that stitched frame die.

Sue - said...

Really really like this!

Cynthia said...

So cute! LOVE the Christmas tree! And the little star looks like a sugared gingerbread cookie--love it!

Di said...

Super card Bonnie - I love the clean and fresh look you always achieve. Clever the way you did the tree too.

Hugs, Di xx

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Sweet Christmas Tree ... love the polka-dots and the red bling. Great design to cut out the tree from the card front and place it in-behind. Love that! Loll xx

jimlynn said...

Very festive and so pretty. Love the single Christmas tree and that shiny star. Great sketch!
Lynn

Sarn said...

MMMM . . . YUMMY . . . a super CAS card. Love this tree card Bonnie.

Thank you for joining in with Rudolph Day.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Notes by Nina said...

What a darling card Bonnie, your little tree is the cutest and I love the embossed stitching.

Julia Aston said...

Hi Bonnie! love that cut out tree - so nice and green! and the embossed stitched edge is yum!

Lesley said...

Love your sweet tree! SO cute! Wish I bought that die set!

Marisa said...

Love that tree all blinged out for Christmas :)

Irene said...

A beautiful CAS Christmas card Bonnie - just perfect.
luv
ir3ne
xxxx

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card, so love the CAS and the tree looks stunning.

Kath x

Aileen said...

Love your embossed frame and that gorgeous ribbon. Lovely interpretation of the sketch. x

Heather said...

This is so pretty! I like the tree set back into the frame. And those stitches look real; I can't believe they are embossed. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

MaryH said...

As always, a cheery, CAS card, liked the pop of green on the crisp white. Loved the stitching round the edges! TFS

Wendy said...

Love this card, Bonnie! It's so CAS but packs a huge punch! Into my fav's it goes!! :)

Joyce said...

This is a fabulous card. Very CAS!

Cathy said...

Love this card Bonnie, the tree window looks fantastic, Cathy x

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this CAS beauty, Bonnie!

Susan said...

Wonderful use of the sketch! And thank you for using something that shows me the way to get the stitched look without actually sewing on my card! I'll have to investigate that die.

When I read through the challenges you made this card for, I was astounded by the one that said Christmas is only four months away - I have to get busy!! The summer flew by...

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wonderful CAS creation. Thanks for joining us for this week's CSAYL challenge 30.

Darnell said...

Love this, Bonnie! Your little tree is precious!!

SmilynStef said...

What a great CAS design ... love that stitched frame ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, what an incredibly lovely C&S holiday masterpiece! it takes my breath away! thanks for joining in our JINGLE BELLES tic-tac-toe game! ♥

ps: NBUS cracked me up! i ride the NBUS a lot, actually, lol!!! :) :) :)

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous CAS Christmas card! Love the stitching and sparkly star!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You make all that white look stunning Bonnie (when I try it, it looks blah!!!) Love your sparkly tree too! Thanks so much for your kind words and your friendship - see you around the challenges!

Jenn said...

Very pretty card, I love the sketch and that sweet tree! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

Anne said...

Brilliant card! So glad you popped in to share it with us at CCC. Hugs x

Margaret Moody said...

As always, a wonderful card, Bonnie! Love how you've featured your tree through the die-cut opening! I have lots of NBUS that I need to start using! Glad I'm not the only one!