Saturday, April 18, 2015

Watercolor Bokeh

I've been playing a lot with watercolors this week.

I'm having a Customer Appreciation Class today.

Here's one of the cards we'll be doing.


This card  uses the Bokeh technique that I've been seeing a lot of.

It's really easy and a lot of fun.

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND



Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge

I cut my own circle stencil to do the dots.


I hope my friends will enjoy doing this technique as much as I did.

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!

    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Four You
Ink:  Whisper White
Paper:  Island Indigo, Watercolor (Arches), Shimmery White
Other:  Reinkers, Stencil (Made from Window Sheet, Circle Collection Framelits, 1/2" Circle Punch), Butterfly Thinlits, White EP, Large Rhinestone (retired)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted





16 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love tha butterfly and the pretty background.

Deepti said...

This is so soft and beautiful :)

Marisa said...

Gorgeous BG, Bonnie and love the butterfly :)

Loll said...

Love the colours of your watercoloured background ... and the softness from the bokeh technique! I'm sure your friends will love doing this too. The elegant butterfly die-cut is the perfect match with the delicate look of the background. Hope you have fun with your class! xx

Heather said...

Hi Bonnie, a beautiful card.......your Bokeh is gorgeous and fabulous colours - your butterfly andsentiment are stunning!!

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

jimlynn said...

Beautiful background!!! Love the size of that butterfly too.
Lynn

Brenda said...

Oh my, I love the colors on this card Bonnie and I love the Bokeh technique. I so need to try this technique out! Your butterfly is just beautiful on this background! I know your class will be a hit too. Hugs, Brenda

KimCreate said...

Lovin you background and the pretty white flutterby!

Betty said...

so pretty Bonnie - sounds like a fun class - wish i could go to it!!

Greta said...

Wow--you really nailed the look, Bonnie--gorgeous card!

gail said...

Gorgeous card, love the buttear fly. I have a few attempts at this technique But I am never happy with the finished result, your colours are lovely. Gail xx

Ingrid said...

Very pretty Bokeh - love the colors. :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colours and background, lovely colouring.

Susan said...

Gorgeous colours and fabulous job on the bokeh technique!

Colorado Crafter said...

I'd love to know how you made that gorgeous background. It looks like beautiful wispy clouds. The Bokeh techniques I've seen always seem to use solid circle stamps but I like yours better. Can you point me to the tutorial you used or maybe do one for us yourself?

BożenA said...

Your blog is great. Each subsequent post surprisingly beautiful card or two cards miraculous ... I admire your work and I am glad that I belong to your followers.
hugs,
Bozena