Sunday, October 22, 2017

Berry Kissed in Fall

Hello.

The weekend is almost over.  I hope it's been a good one for you!


CAS Watercolour is has a couple of days left to enter.

We're celebrating our first Birthday with prizes!
Two lucky winners will win a $25.00 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp.

This month's challenge is

I hope you'll go over there and check it out.

There's lots of beautiful Fall inspiration there!

I'm entering this at 
Where it's anything goes with stamping.


Hubby and I went on a mini vacation this past week.

I got to visit with a stamping friend that I hadn't seen in a couple of years.

This was one of the pieces I worked on when we stamped together.

When I finished it and held it up to show her, I realized I'd done this 
on the back of a piece I'd done earlier.

We had a good laugh about that!

That's what happens when you talk more than pay attention to the stamping!

This was the better side so I decided to make a card out of it.

After placing the stamp in my MISTI, I inked it with distress markers and 
stamped it on mixed media paper.

I used my Aqua Painter to move the ink around then stamped again.

I kept adding touches of color to the stamp and moving the ink
with the brush until I was satisfied with the colors.

I added a golden wash by smooshing Distress ink on my
craft mat, diluting with water and brushing around the design.

It was good to see Peggy and we had a nice visit.

Hubby and I got to take a walk on the beach too.

It made for a special week!

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Berry Kissed (PB), Everyday Happiness (PTI)
Ink:   Distress Markers (Wild Honey Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs), VersaMark
Paper:   Mixed Media for stamping (Strathmore), Watercolor 140 lb. for base (Strathmore), Cajun Craze, Copper Foil (SU)
Other:  Aqua Painter (SU), Stitched Rectangles (SSS), Words of Gratitude Die (PB), Copper EP (Zing)


26 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful design, Bonnie, love the design. I'm glad I'm not the only one to use the back of something I've already decorated. I remember assembling the front of a card blank, only to discover it was the back of a card I had already finished! xx

Mac Mable said...

Sounds like you had a beautiful week Bonnie? x I live by the sea and go for walks often but not nearly enough...maybe when it's on your door stop you don't appreciate it as much as you should. Having said that we are talking about Scotland and it rains a lot here! Your double sided card is amazing. I suspect the other side was as good too x Absolutely love the glorious colours and the way you've done the water colouring is so artsy.....You really could frame this one x

jimlynn said...

Sounds like a great little vacation! Glad you got to visit with her friend again too.
Love all the fall colors on this wonderful card. So pretty.

Lynn

Loll said...

Sounds like a nice time. What could be better than crafting with a friend, and a walk on the beach with your sweetie!

I laughed out loud about you watercolouring on the back side of another image. :) So funny! We have all done things like that. :)

I LOVE this image done in the fall colours. Gorgeous card, Bonnie. Your watercolouring is amazing!

xx

Christine Alexander said...

So glad you had such a nice few days, it sounds idyllic :)
your image is so pretty I love the soft watercolouring.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful time you must have had Bonnie.. ti stamp with a friend and walk by the sea - bliss.
Love your card, and the watercoloured effect of the stamping with the gold accent is beautiful
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful fall card and the deets on how you did it. And also a walk on the beach and time with a stamping friend -- ahhhh, so nice.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Another beauty that looks more like a beautiful watercolour painting from you Bonnie! You are a master at these! Love that foiled sentiment too! Have a great week! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

R's Rue said...

Love.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous watercoloured stamping and watercolour wash using your pretty Fall colours. Love how your CAS design turned out, Bonnie.
Sounded like the perfect get-a-way with your DH :-)
Hugs...

Bunny said...

I don't know many women that when they get together don't get much done or somehow manage to use the back of something. Ugh! We can't help it. When we don't see someone for a while we love to catch up.

I think this is really pretty. Of course the fall colors really draw me in. Beautiful. [Bunny]

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful watercoloured image, Bonni. Perfect for an autumn card xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS card Bonnie. I'm glad you kept this side. LOL
Faith
x

Doris said...

What a beautiful watercolor piece!

Bobby said...

You've captured that technique beautifully, Bonnie. I keep trying but my markers are drying up. I'm so glad you had a great week away, topped off by crafting with a friend. Nothing better.

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Bonnie, and I got a good chuckle too out of your stamping on the back of another image...sounds like something I would do!! The colors are SO pretty and I love that image all done up for Fall...just lovely my friend!! ;0)

Susan said...

Love that stamp done in autumn colours - I've only ever thought of it in red and green for Christmas. Great job with the watercolouring with Distress markers. I laughed when you said you'd done it on the back of another image - I've done that too, and was especially annoyed as I really liked both sides and had to make a tough decision!

Barb said...

A beautiful card Bonnie. It sounds as if you had fun crafting with your friend. Barbxx

Marisa said...

Beautifully done, Bonnie!

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful card. Such a happy colourful looking creation. Hugs Mrs A.

Ina G said...

Oh Bonnie this is REALLY GORGEOUS. Beautiful colours and simply stunning.

JoAnn said...

Wow, your CAS watercolor image is beautiful. Love your card.

maria f. said...

Such a fun post (sounds like your vacay was fun) and a pretty card. I thought "milkweed" when I first saw it!

Linda said...

This is so beautiful Bonnie, your watercolouring looks amazing.Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

ElizabethR said...

That is just beautiful Bonnie thanks for joining in with us at the Craft Stamper Challenge. Elizabeth x

BożenA said...

Beautiful watercolor, Bonnie! I love red fruits and autumn leaves. I also like how the background color gently pours. Looks like a sentiment from the stamp combined with the die cut. Unusual card.
hugs,
BożenA