Monday, May 31, 2010

Basket of Daisies

Hello Stampin' Friends. I hope you are enjoying a long weekend and have celebrated Memorial Day in style.

This card was created for the Ways to Us It Challenge to use paint and the Free For All Challenge Inspired by a Collection. It has red, white & blue flowers in honor of our heroes who have given their time and sometimes their lives so we can enjoy freedom.

I collect baskets. My collection has been cut in half since the move. My silk flower collection was cut by three quarters. I vowed not to buy any more baskets or silk flowers, but making them doesn't count does it? tee hee. I can always give this to someone but it will have to be a hand out. I'm not mailing this baby!

I have to tell you a cute story about this basket. While I was folding clothes yesterday, Luke raided my stamp room. He came out with this card in one hand and a blue daisy in the other. I got the card from him but he declared that the 'bue flowder' was his. I figured the basket was over full anyway so I let him have his 'bue flowder'. He had trouble gettin it off his finger because the glue dot was still in tact on the back. When he finally dislodged it, he placed it on my arm for my 'boo boo'. I guess he thought it was a new kind of bandage! The petals were a little crimped but Luke is a very careful fellow and I was able to put it back in the basket.

Now about the card...After I punched and assembled the flowers, I brushed them with Frost White Shimmer Paint. It tones down the blue a bit and makes the white shimmer nicely, kind of like a real daisy. The basket is made with the Top Note die but cutting it once, turning it and cutting it again to make a square. The handle is a left over piece.

Card Recipe
Paper: Barely Banana, Kraft, So Saffron DSP, Brocade Blue, Whisper White, Real Red, Yo Yo Yellow, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi
Acc.: Big Shot, Flowers Daisies #2 & SU Top Note Bigz Dies, SU Little Leaves Sizzlit Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Border, Boho Blossoms & 1/2" Circle Punches, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Ribbon Originals Elementary Ribbon.

I really rambled tonight. Hope you don't mind. I'm glad you came to visit and I hope you enjoyed yourself and will come again real soon. Happy stampin'.
Bonnie

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Beautiful, Bonnie!!

I featured your card on the CARDS blog today!
http://tinyurl.com/27jqu9r

Janetcraft said...

congrats BOnnie! you are in the CARDS..anyway, what embossing template is that...I have been imagining and wish to get such template...I cant see in the market..also is that the Big Dies of Sizzix on the Daisies?

Unknown said...

Great card! Very proud of you!!!
Sue