Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pocket Butterfly Garden

Hello Stampin' Friends. I'm on a roll this week. I really need to be cutting out elements for my Stamp A Stack this weekend, but these challenges are just beckoning to me. Besides, the deadline for signing up is tomorrow and there's no need to start cutting before that is there?

Today's color challenge is to use Dusty Durango, Rich Razzleberry and So Saffron. Dessert is to use stencilling.

While looking through the gallery, I loved the Saffron embossed with the new Square Lattice Embossing Folder. (You will find it in the new Summer Mini Catalog.) So I had to CASE that and used it for the base of my card. I hadn't used the Pocket Silhouettes for quite a while and when I opened the stamp drawer, this set caught my eye.

The butterflies were stenciled with the leftovers from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. I pulled out some old stencil brushes and dabbed them in the ink pad. Some I did with the Dusty Durango then added Rich Razzleberry on top of that and then I reversed the process on others. The 2 colors together look real pretty. Who but Betty would have ever guessed that? It took longer to tie the thread around them than it did to stamp the whole project! A thin black wire would work better, but since I didn't have any, I used quilting thread instead.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Paper: So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Dusty Durango, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa
Acc.: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Word Window Punch, Dusty Durango Polka Dot Ribbon, Quilting Thread, Stencilling Brush

Hope you enjoyed my little garden today. Come again soon.
Bonnie

No comments: