Monday, November 8, 2010

Almost No Ink


I've had the sketch for the Just Add Ink42 challenge sitting next to my stamping table for a few days now.  I'd keep looking at it and wonder what I could do, then go on with getting ready for the upcoming Stamp Stack and Creative Arts tomorrow.

This morning I looked at the CAS92 challenge at SCS, saw that it was a color challenge to use Pale Pink, Olive, Kraft, White and optional Marina Mist.

So I combined the two and here's what I came up with.


I had this piece of Blushing Bride already embossed so I trimmed it up.  Had a piece of Whisper White that needed just a bit of trimming to fit on the Crumb Cake.  The stem was in the "punched and not used box".  I punched the bird out of a scrap of white embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.  I sponged a bit of Marina Mist on him & punched a teeny circle for his eye.

I love it when I can use some of these bits and pieces that were rejected from previous projects!

As a final touch, I drew a line around everything using a clear stamp block. (I did have to shift it over a bit but the length was perfect.  Too bad my hand isn't!)

Card Recipe
Stamps:  All Holidays
Ink:  Crumb Cake,  Marina Mist
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Old Olive
Accessories:  Big Shot, Square Lattice & Vintage Wallpaper EF, Sweetest Stem Embosslit, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Crumb Cake Marker, 1/16" Circle Punch,

Did you know that you can dye white taffeta ribbon any color you want by dragging it through your ink pad while holding it with your bone folder.  Just let it dry and clean your folder.  It will save some messy smudges later!

I'm over half way through with preparations for the Stamp Stack.  I finished one Audiobook, Night Fall by Nelson Demille and started Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane.   I sure am enjoying the book!  I love it when I can read all day and make cards!

Enjoy,
Bonnie

4 comments:

Sandra said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you punched the bird out of card that has been embossed.

Emily Keaton said...

I just adore your hand-drawn frames, Bonnie! They look nicely "sketched" and very cool. Hey, thanks for the tip on using the bone folder to help in the ribbon-dying process. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! The colours work so well together and your design is very delicate and pretty. Thanks for the ribbon dyeing tip as well! x

Danielle Daws said...

This is so cute, Bonnie! What a perfect bow!