Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Butterfly Dreams

It's almost time for the One Layer Wednesday challenge and I've yet to post for the last one.  Last Wednesday, Susan challenged us to use yellow, orange and aqua.  Susan's card, with her simple yellow & orange sailboat on an aqua ribbon, was so perfect that my mind got stuck and for days I couldn't think what I wanted to do.  Finally, I settled on this little butterfly, which is the only stamp I've ever used from this set.  Not very original but I like it anyway.


I used some of the new In Color ink that will be available in the new Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog.  The Aqua is Pool Party, the orange is Calypso Coral and the bottom butterfly is Daffodil Delight (a regular color).

I used the Confetti paper for a strong base and also for the lovely flecks that look like stuff in the air.

My frame is hand drawn.  That's why it's not perfect.  I will admit that it's straighter than usual and I held my breath the whole time I was drawing it.  Nearly fainted!

And here is what I did with my practice round.  It was fairly straight and I hated to waste it.


 I matted it with Calypso Coral and love the pop it gave.  Not one layer but still CAS I think.  I even added a little bling in the corners.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Dreams du Jour, All Holidays
Ink:  Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, SU Markers (Pool Pary & Early Espresso)
Paper:  Confetti White, Calypso Coral
Accessories:  Basic Rhinestones

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit.  I hope you come back soon and thank you for the lovely comments.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

Susan said...

Great save on the first card...I really like it on the orange. THe butterflies look great stamped in these colors...and your handdrawn border looks perfect to me!! New colors? New catalog? Can't wait to see!!
My Card

Emily Keaton said...

Oooooooo! Bonnie, these colors are so pretty. Thanks for the peek at some of the new colors!

G Peplow said...

Hi Bonnie, These are so pretty, your first was great I can't believe you drew the lines freehand, even if you held your breath LOL Gay xxx

Shobana said...

Lovely! :) Seems like you are a butterfly fan! Like this simple but quite colorful card! :)
Tks so much for stopping by! Appreciate it!

lililindsay said...

Your choice was perfect. Love the confetti paper. Texture without detracting from your image.

Vicky Hayes said...

Your butterflies are fabulous in these gorgeous colours! I adore the Confetti card stock too.

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this confetti card stock too and your outlined butterflies look wonderful in these gorgeous colours.

Lisa A. said...

Hi, Bonnie!! These are sooo pretty!! LOVE the colors...(can't wait)...and the confetti cardstock...adds dimension to your one layer...framed...with and without paper...super sweet:)!!!!

Shirley said...

I love the colors, Bonnie! I like the simple design and it is so cheerful too!

Susan Raihala said...

Both versions are so pretty, though of course I prefer the one layer. I hear you on holding your breath drawing the frame...scary, isn't it? Love your choice of the confetti paper for this, too!

You've sold me on the Pool Party ink. Oh, my. That's lovely!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the idea of the cardstock and love your cards