Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Monogram

Another of my favorite challenges is Less is More. The challenge this past Saturday was to do a card with a Monogram.

monogram:

Definition monogram ( ) n. A design composed of one or more letters, typically the initials of a name, used as an identifying mark.



So in effect, your monogram should represent the word it's standing for and not be a part of it.


You can use any means you fancy for creating your monogram... die cut letters, stamps, computer printouts, masking techniques... wherever your creativity leads you, we'd love to see it.

And the card needs to be a Clean and Simple (CAS) card.

Clean & Simple



A design of card with clean lines, minimal elements, areas of white space and few or no embellishments.

White Space

An area of the card which has no image, layer or embellishment.

This can be any colour dependent upon the colour of the card blank.


My friend Susie of Sharing What I Love is doing Scrappin' Sundays where she uses up some of her scraps.  She has a linky tool so we can link our cards there too.  I'm loving giving some of my scraps a home!  This week she used some stickers left over from kits.

I've never bought any kits but I found these stickers that I had found for $1 somewhere.  They'd been tucked away and forgotten.

So I got 2 challenges with one sticker!

Nothing fancy, just popped the sticker on a scrap of Vanilla and that on a scrap of Concord Crush.  I used another Vanilla scrap with a Nestie and popped the whole thing on a Vanilla card.

There were other stickers in the package too.  So I didn't stop at one...


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you'll come back soon.

Enjoy!

22 comments:

G Peplow said...

Simply gorgeous! Love them all:0) Gay xxx

Chrissie said...

These are all beautiful Bonnie... what beautiful cards!
Thanks so much for sharing them with us.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Janelle said...

Fabulous monogrammed cards, Bonnie. Perfect for both challenges. I should join in with Sue, too... I certainly have enough of a stash. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier!

Netty said...

All terrific cards. You are fab at monograms.

Benzi said...

So, you got started and couldn't stop? LOL They are all lovely monogram cards.

TrishG said...

I really love the first one especially. I never quite know what to do with Monogram cards.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What gorgeous monograms and you design gorgeous cards!!

Beryl K said...

All beautiful cards
Beryl x

Mandi said...

They are all stunning Bonnie
wonderful set of cards!
Thanks so much
Diva LIM mandi
LEss is More

Suze Bain said...

Super monograms and all beautifully mounted. xx

Vicky Hayes said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Bonnie!

Susie said...

These are so elegant and gorgeous. Thanks for joining me again. Great work.

Lynne said...

Absolutely fabulous!!!
Lynne xxx

Jenny said...

Oh wow these are fab Bonnie, great way to use up scraps and stickers :)
Jenny x

Maureen said...

Lovely set of cards, well done. You can view my card here
Maureen...........x

Jan said...

Great cards xx Jan

Susan said...

Bonnie, these are just perfect! LOVE that you're using up your scraps. I try to do that as often as possible...because I have TONS of scraps with all my scrapbooking! LOL!
My Card

Ang C said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie - love them all

Sue said...

Hi Bonnie, Beautiful set of cards, I'm sure any one with K as their initial would be very please to have these.Sue X

Kathyk said...

What a beautiful selection - I don't know which one I like th ebest but the topic obviously struck a spark within you.

Kathyk

Shirley said...

Wow, they are all wonderful! I couldn't pick!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A fabulous assortment of cards