Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Red Rose on Crumb Cake

Today's card is a CASE of this card by Lydia (Understandblue at SCS).  Lydia is one of the people who keeps things running smoothly at Splitcoaststampers and she's also an awesome stamper!  In fact she is this week's Featured Stamper.


I kept her layout and even used the same punch but jazzed it up with some ribbon.  I used a flower instead of the design piece and a different sentiment as well as different colors.

The colors are from the CAS challenge, also at SCS.  This week it's a color challenge; Kraft or Crumb Cake with Primary Colors.  A little white is allowed.

Last week I was playing around and wove this red ribbon through the punched lace.  I couldn't really figure out what to do with it.  I had an Ah Ha moment this morning and pulled out the Crumb Cake.

I'd been wanting to try some of these beautiful paper flowers.  In fact, I'd been thinking about having a class of just paper flowers.  I had printed out this wonderful tutorial by Joanne Leddy so I gave it a go.

I was really pleased with the results.


The sentiment was stamped with Real Red Craft Ink and clear embossed.

This is definitely not a card to mail, but it will look nice clipped to a plain white gift bag I think.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Curly Cute
Ink:  Real Red Craft
Paper:  Real Red, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Other:  Lace Ribbon Border, Fancy Flower, 5-Petal Flower & Boho Blossoms Punches, Water Spritzer, Real Red Satin Ribbon, Clear EP

Thanks for stopping by today.  I've really enjoyed reading all your comments and visiting your blogs.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Joanne Leddy said...

Well done - this is beautiful!

Amanda Sevall said...

So pretty! This is one of my favorite color combos :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yes, tough to mail these big flower cards. They wind up being my 'hand delivered' cards. LOL Very good job on that red rose, it's such a show-stopper.

At Paula's Place said...

This is beautiful. I was hoping you would tell me how to make the flower but with your list of supplies I can figure it out. I was looking through the newly posted cards on scs and just about done when I spotted your card and had to check it out. It really grabbed my attention. thanks.

Benzi said...

Good job on the gorgeous flower, Bonnie! And, what a great idea to attached to a gift bag.