Monday, August 1, 2011

Scrappin' Again

My friend Sue from Sharing What I Love did Scrappin' Sundays for 2 months.  She made cards using only scraps except for the card base.  She really got me fired up to use more of my scraps but then I got so busy that I couldn't find time to post them.  Here's one of them.


I used a piece of Rose Red, punched and scored it then added a layer of retired SU DSP.  I punched 2 butterflies from another scrap of DSP, adhered one to the design and just adhered the middle of the second one so the wings could take flight.

I added a few basic rhinestones to dress the lady up, stamped a sentiment and was done.


Card Recipe
Stamps:  So Happy for You
Ink:  Rose Red
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Rose Red, DSP
Other:  Scallop Trim Border & Butterfly Punches, Stylus, Basic Rhinestones

It's been a busy and fruitful day even if I didn't get a card made.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get some card time.

I'm so glad you stopped in to visit and your comments are really appreciated.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Susie said...

So very fabulous. Love everything about this.

Benzi said...

Bonnie, your card is scrapalicious! Good way to use some scraps and makes pretty cards at the same time.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the colour so different, the butterfly is lovely and love the bling too

Vicky Hayes said...

I loved Sue's Scrappin' Sunday cards too Bonnie. Yours is fabulous - you'd never know these were off-cuts!

Colleen Dietrich said...

That's very pretty, Bonnie! I also pretty much use only scraps, most of the time. I buy $1 bags from my SU demo, and I rely upon them almost exclusively!