Friday, September 9, 2011

Arachnophobia

I don't usually do much for Halloween cards, but I remembered getting caught last year and needing something for Luke's teachers.  So this year, I thought I'd be prepared.  Well I have a start on being prepared anyway.


These spiders look so real that the cat is even scared!  I've got to admit that this was fun.

The spider web embossing folder is a perfect complement to this card.  I did take a nick out of the bottom though.  You know those spider webs are so delicate!  Maybe you can get a better look at the web here.


I used the sketch from the Sketch Challenge on SCS this week. 

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Scaredy Cat
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Other:  Big Shot, Spider Web EF, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Stampin' Pastels, Sponge Dauber

Here's a hint when stamping in black with silhouette stamps.  If it hasn't stamped dark enough, I color in with the small tip of a black Stamp n Write marker.

And for those of you who read my post yesterday and saw the Onesie card.  Guess who came with his monkey suit this morning.

Thanks so much for the visit.  I hope you'll see a few more Halloween cards here in the future.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Kim S said...

Those spiders are so real!!! I'm glad that cat is there to get them!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Look at your little monkey, wearing *his* monkeys! So cute. :) And your card is cute too. I think I might skew those panels behind the cat just a little, in the same array that a web spreads out. Whaddya think?

Vicky Hayes said...

Jack is such a cutie with his fab monkey suit on! I don't do halloween either but it is fun to play with the scary stamps! The EF looks fab but you know... I'm not going to zoom in too close!

Benzi said...

Perfect embossing folder for this 'scary spider' card, Bonnie.
Good job.
Of course, Jack is looking so sweet in his monkey outfit. Thanks for sharing the photo. He's a darling.