Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Colors

The Paper Players have a color challenge this week.  These are the colors we are to use....


Don't they look like Spring?

Remember my problems with the One Layer Script card a few days ago?  The design was OK on one of the discards so I cut it off and used it on this card.  The little butterfly is also from the Charming set and looks so happy sitting on the sentiment piece.


I liked these colors so well that I did another card too.


My friend Peggy lent me this cute bunny stamp and I thought he would look very handsome in Crumb Cake.  I used the same colors for the flowers and stamped after masking Mr. Bunny. The grass was in my scrap bag and the scalloped piece the design is on was also a discard.

I used the Itty Bitty Shapes punch for the flowers and dressed it up with some Pool Party seam binding from the Occasions Mini catalog.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps: Charming, Teeny, Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Crumb Cake, SU Markers (Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake)
Paper:  Whisper White, Pool Party
Other:  Square Lattice EF, Word Window & Slot punches, Pool Party Seam Binding

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Charming, Bunny (Inkadinkadoo)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, SU Markers (Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black)
Paper:  Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Wisteria Wonder
Other:  Adorning Accents Edgelit die, Adorning Accents EF, Itty, Bitty Shapes punch, Pool Party seam binding, Basic Pearls

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Ya'll come back soon.

Enjoy!



10 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Bonnie, these cards are so beautiful! I am especially taken with the second card; I love the scalloped edge, and the way you've masked the cute bunny to stamp flowers. Gorgeous!

jaydee said...

Bonnie - they are both wonderful cards... but the bunny one... well.. I am in love! I love the scalloped border at the top, that gorgeous ribbon, the adorable bunny and your popped flowers.
Fabulous!!!
So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jayde

Cynthia said...

I love the elegance of the first one and the second one is just so darn CUTE!! Gorgeous cards!!

carolscards said...

OOOOH, Bonnie, this is SOOO PRECIOUS!!!!!Carol

Susie said...

Both cards are beautiful.

Benzi said...

Oh my goodness, Bonnie, these are gorgeous cards. I really love that Pool Party paper..just awesome. I am in love with your bunny rabbit. How adorable, and sweet for your friend to let you use it.

Susan said...

I love the way you used your discard! I have a whole pile of discarded pieces that I really must go through! And I adore the sweet bunny stamp - what a perfect Easter card.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh Bonnie, these are darling! Love the way you've stamped the flowers over the script on the first one and the bunny is precious nestled amongst them in the second. Lovely springtime cards. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Heidi said...

Cute, cute bunny card! Love the addition of the punched flowers in the grass and the finishing touch with the Pool Party ribbon! So glad you joined in the fun at The Paper Players!

bastelengel said...

I like your first card very much! A great layout!