Thursday, May 24, 2012

3D Flowers

I've been busily preparing for a Stamp Stack coming up next month and I've gotten behind on everything else.  There just doesn't seem to be quite enough time to do everything I want to do.  Do you have that problem?

 I'm just under the wire on the SUO challenge to create a project with 3-dimensional flowers on it.

I knew I wanted to use this folded flower that was sitting on my desk.  You can find the tutorial for it here.


The Color Challenge at SCS this week is to use the retiring In Colors.  Dessert is to use at least 3 of these colors and tell which color we will miss the most.

I've used Poppy Parade DSP, Blush Blossom cardstock and Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding and ink.  I've loved all of these colors and I'm sad to see all of them go.  Though I didn't use it on this card, I think Concord Crush has been my favorite.  It's such a rich, regal shade of purple.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Loving Thoughts
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Poppy Parade DSP
Other:  Big Shot, Elegant Lines EF, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding. Pearl (from the retired Pretties kit)


I'm excited about using the new In Colors.  I love the bright shade of Gumball Green, the rosy dark pink of Primrose Petals, the deep rose red color of Raspberry Ripple, the deep yet bright blue of Midnight Muse, and the greenish yellow of the Summer Starfruit.

The new inkpads are terrific.  Just a light tap and the stamp is inked.  I can see now that I'll be replacing all my inkpads.

I had some delightful news on Saturday from The Paper Players.  My Pocket Silhouettes card was chosen as Jaydees Cut Above.  Thanks so much Jaydee.

The same card was listed in the CAS Favorites on Sunday, May 20 and as the Featured Upload this week at Splitcoaststampers.   I'm not sure what this upload thing is.  Hopefully, I'll find out soon.  It sounds good though, doesn't it?)

This card was also a CAS Favorite at Splitcoast Stampers on Sunday.

These kudos, your comments and emails all inspire me to keep creating.  Thanks so much.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Mary Brown said...

Ooooooo....I just LOVE how your red flower just pops on this beautiful mostly white card! Mostly white cards are my favorite! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

Cynthia said...

Congrats on all your kudos, Bonnie!! You make such gorgeous cards, it's easy to see why your creations are chosen. Thank you for sharing them!! Today's card is beautiful too--love that flower!!

jimlynn said...

Congrats on all those fabulous wins! WOW! Well deserved too!
This is so pretty and love that flower with the embossing folder. Very pretty the way the flower is folded - I'll check it out.
Lynn

Doris said...

Lovely card, Bonnie! That flower is especially beautiful.

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful fold! It looked shimmery... I thought it was ribbon. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

Deb Hoekstra said...

I love your flower...and may have to try making it myself!! Thanks for sharing it on SUO Challenges!

Jen Timko said...

This flower is incredibly cool! Pinning that tutorial to try later! The red is so striking against the white. Your accolades are well deserved...more lovely work! Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Benzi said...

Wow! Bonnie, you are rockin' with your cards. Congrats on all the features and faves. This card is beautiful and so is that flower..yummy!

Aileen said...

Your flower is terrific and I love the embossed background for it. x