Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Funky Dahlias

I was so excited to be asked to be a guest designer on the SUO challenge.  The theme is Bright Summer Days.

Get out your sunglasses!


A little masking and one of the flowers from the Bright Blossoms set, that you'll see in the new catalog, makes a really bright Summer card. {That new catalog goes live on Friday.}

I used one of the new In Colors, Raspberry Ripple.  I love this color and when paired with Daffodil Delight, it really shines.  New In Color, Gumball Green, is great for leaves.  I stamped it full "strength" first then decided it needed to be stamped off first for the rest of the leaves.  It's a rich, bright green. Umm Mmm!

The little butterfly is from the Kindness Matters set. There are 3 beautiful little butterflies in this set that are perfect for coloring and cutting out to add to a flower garden.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bright Blossoms, Just Believe, Kindness Matters
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, Jet Black StazOn, SU Marker (Daffodil Delight)
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White
Other:  Big Shot, Adorning Accents Edgelit & EF, Narrow Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon


Hop on over and see what the other designers and entrants have done.  It's sure to brighten up your day.

If you don't have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and would like a catalog, let me know and I'll get one out to you.

Thanks so much for stopping by and a special thanks for your kind comments.

Enjoy!








14 comments:

Benzi said...

What a beautiful flower garden creation, Bonnie. I love the color cardstock you used..looks super with the flowers.

Cynthia said...

It's all rainy and gray here in SC today, so your card was a welcome ray of summery, sunshiney happiness!! LOVE the colors!!! And the tiny butterfly is gorgeous!!!

Deb Hoekstra said...

What a cheerful summer card. I love what you did with the butterfly from Kindness Matters!

Victoria said...

Congratulations on your GDT position! This is a perfect card for summer! I'm very excited about getting a preview of the new in-colours that are launching "over the pond". We'll just have to wait a little bit longer here!!

Kim S said...

Your colors are wonderful..thanks for showing them off! Love the layout!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is indeed bright, Bonnie! It just says 'summer', in a magnificent way. Congrats on being a guest somewhere else this week, too! You're rockin'!

Susan said...

Congratulations, Bonnie! I love the bright colours. I tend to stick to lighter colours for flowers but my eye is always drawn to bright flowers - need to challenge myself to do some! Great layering with the fabulous bottom edge treatment.

Vicky Hayes said...

Stunning work Bonnie! I love your bright garden scene and those gorgeous scallops.

Lisa Martz said...

What a darling, bright card! I really like the way you have the dahlia flowers placed. Love the tiny little butterfly. Fun being a fellow guest designer with you at SUO Challenges!

This Is My Now said...

Beautiful card!

Jen Timko said...

I'm so happy to see you as a guest designer! What a wonderful and happy card this is!

Meighan Wheller said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. I love the bright colours. Regards Meighan

Heidi Baks said...

This is really cute! I love all the details. Thanks for guest designing for SUO Challenges.

Unknown said...

So pretty & I love the butterfly! :) Great card for our Guest DT Challenge at SUO! :)