Monday, May 28, 2012

Merry Monday Trimming the Tree

It's Merry Monday time.

Here's Lesley's sketch


Here's what I came up with.


I don't know why I'm compelled to color these silhouette stamps.  I guess it's the only way I can paint people and I can't seem to get them to look right as silhouettes. Maybe I need to re-ink my pads.  I think the new Stampin' Up! ink pads are going to be a big help with getting ink to cover a stamp.  I have the new In Color pads and let me tell you, there is a BIG difference!

I'm so excited to be on this talented design team...


All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Welcome Christmas, To You and Yours (retired), Bells and Boughs
Ink:  Real Red, SU Markers (Real Red, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Soft Suede, More Mustard, Garden Green, Bashful Blue, Midnight Muse, Sahara Sand, Blush Blossom)
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Real Red, Whisper White
Other:  2 1/2" Circle and 1" Circle Punches, Nestie, Snow Burst and Petals-a-Plenty EF


I hope you'll pop over to the Always Playing with Paper blog and we'd love for you to join us.

I'm so glad you stopped in to visit.  I hope you'll come again soon.

Enjoy!


14 comments:

Lesley said...

Hooray Bonnie! So happy to have you on board! Your colouring is gorgeous, love how you transformed this silhouette stamp!

Nikki Spencer said...

How effective does it look coloured though Bonnie, at first l thought you may have done it digitally.
I love how the image pops!
Congrats on your DT spot, l will have to get my butt into gear and play along..:0)
I hope your well my friend. xxx

jimlynn said...

Love the Christmas scene! So pretty with all that embossing on there too. Great sketch and a great card.
Lynn

Cynthia said...

Sweet card! I love the embossing!

Patti said...

Love how you colored in the silhouette Bonnie. It gives it a whole new look.

LeAnne said...

I am AMAZED that you color silhouette stamps so realistically! That's why I like silhouette images...so I don't HAVE to color them in, LOL! This is just beautiful! Your little sentiment is as sweet as can be, too!

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card, I love all that texture :)

Doris said...

Never thought of transforming a silhouette stamp to color it--great job! It's nice to see a stamp with the lady of the house wearing an apron--I thought I was the only one left who still wears them!

Benzi said...

What a wonderful Christmas card, Bonnie. It is so family oriented. Good job with the coloring.

Carol L said...

Ditto to what LeAnne said above about silhouette stamps! LOL It's amazing how you added color to this silhouette image! I love the two different embossed panels too! Very pretty card, and I think congrats are in order too :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bonnie, I totally thought you watercolored these people, not that it was a silhouette stamp! I'm very impressed.

What's new about the ink pads at SU? I haven't heard anything about this.

So glad you are a guest at Merry Mondays for a few months; you go, girl!

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - I am so amazed by the way you are able to colour these images. What a FUN card - makes me smile!
Cheers, Karen

Aileen said...

Really love your little painted scene. It gives a lovely atmosphere. x

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this beautiful Bonnnie! I love, love, love your coloured image - just amazing! I'm so glad to be designing along with you for the next 3 months! I'm such a fan of yours. Cheers Narelle