Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Musical Christmas

The last Jingle Belles challenge was

  We're asking you to create a card (or gift card holder, or whatever else you'll be needing for the holidays) that incorporates music, that is inspired by a holiday song, or that includes a holiday song title.

After a lot of thought and inspiration from Alicia, this is what I came up with.


I stamped the Music Notes wheel in Whisper White on Island Indigo cardstock.  After it dried, I smacked it all over with VersaMark and clear embossed it.  Then I used the Apothecary Accents Framelits dies to cut out some shapes.  I rounded the squarish shape with my paper snips for this one.

It doesn't show up well, but the top of the ornament was punched with end of the Jewelry Tag punch from a scrap of shiny gold paper.  I don't remember what the paper came from, but it was from some package or other and thrown in the scrap bag for repurposing.  The gold cord around the middle is Christmas wrapping cord and it hangs from my last scrap of gold elastic cord that Stampin' Up! offered a couple of years ago.  I really wish they would bring back that cord. Sigh...

The Northern Flurry Embossing folder was perfect for the background since it left just enough space for the sentiment. And it can stand for the song Let it Snow. And Let There be Peace on Earth is one of my favorite songs.  I think the only recording I have of it is on a Christmas CD.

Fa-la-la-la-la! This is one musical Christmas card!

It's so much more fun to do these cards every week than doing a marathon in November and December.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Music Notes, Four the Holidays (retired)
Ink:  Whisper White, Island Indigo, VersaMark
Paper:  Island Indigo, Whisper White
Other:  Northern Flurry EF, Apothecary Accents Framelit Die, White EP, Gold Cord (scrap bag)


My Holiday Mini came with my Stampin' Success today.  (A perk of being a demonstrator.)  Wow!  My list is growing every time I peek into those pages.  Christmas cards are going to be even more fun once I get my hands on some of these beauties!

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is so pretty Bonnie! I this embossing folder and can just never think of something to do with it....now I can! Thanks for the inspiration! Love your card.
Lynn

Cynthia said...

Loooooove how you made the ornament. That is sooo cool!!! Really gorgeous card!

laurie said...

Awesome card!

SmilynStef said...

*Smacked it all over* ... love that visual image ... what a lovely holiday card design ... I especially love the white embossed texture ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Emily Keaton said...

Gorgeous!

Aileen said...

Love the music notes on your bauble and the embossed background. x

Benzi said...

Gorgeous...loving that ornament and the pretty embossed background. You are getting those Christmas cards out and ready to go.

Victoria said...

Gorgeous! You really make me look again at my embossing folders to see what I can do with them.

lauren bergold said...

what an utterly fabulous holiday card! i especially love that gorgeous ornament... and the emobossing detail reallllly takes this to "the next level"!!! ♥

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my, this is just beautiful! Love the music on the ornament. The embossing is wonderful on all that lucious white. Great card!