Friday, September 28, 2012

No Shoes

I know that a lot of gals just can't have enough shoes.   When I worked, I was in that group.  Now that my work is at home, I don't wear shoes unless I have to.  And the shoe stamps are as sparse on my stamping shelves as they are in my closet!  So when I saw the CAS-ology challenge this week, my heart sank.


But, I do have a couple of boots.  I hope that's close enough.


I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch from Jennifer T. turned upside down.  I love the simplicity of this sketch.


The Technique Challenge at SCS was to make your own polka dots.  
I didn't exactly make them, but Joan said that we could use a stamp with polka dots.

And this boot has some polka dots.

I also made some dots with the Paper Piercer.  Does that count?

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Happy You (Hostess set)
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, SU Markers (Gumball Green, Primrose Petas Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Whisper White, Gumball Green, Primrose Petals
Other:  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Scallop Rectangle Clearlit, Paper Piercer Tool

Oh, and the lovely ladies at The Friday Mashup  named my Happy Autumn card as a Glamette from last week.  
Thanks ladies!

I don't know about you, but I'm really glad it's Friday.  I hope you enjoy the weekend.

Thanks for stopping by.  I love it when  you say hello.

Enjoy!

15 comments:

Ardyth said...

Boots definitely count! Classic layout, LOTS of white space and a cute image and sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week, Bonnie!

Cynthia said...

I totally think those polka dots count!! =D What a sweet card! I don't have any shoe stamps either--I'm glad to see a boot works for the occasion! And congrats on the Mashup award. You deserve it!! Happy Weekend!

Jen Brum said...

Great card Bonnie! I love that clean and simple look! The boot is so sweet and coloured so nicely! The red and green stand out so sharply! Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kim S said...

We think alike - I don't have shoes either!! I love your sweet boots and the simple background - a perfect fit!!

Darnell said...

So sweet, Bonnie! I'm sure it is more than acceptable for the challenge. I'm hoping to find something myself to post tomorrow; this was a tough one, but you've created a winner!!

Susan said...

Great Christmas card, Bonnie! Love the little boot! I didn't have much to work with in my stamps either but I finally got something done. I think I like your "shoe" better!

Benzi said...

Your polka dot boots full of flowers are so cute. I used a boot for this challenge, too...cowgirl boot.

~Tammy~ said...

Bonnie, this is adorable! I am one of those that can't have enough flip flops! I hate shoes, but love to slide my feet inside some flip flops! All colors to coordinate! It was perfect when I lived in Hawaii because that is all you wore and no shoes in the house. Now that I live in Virginia....poo on part of the year...So I am with ya! I try and find comfy boots! I really love your take on the sketch! Colors too!

Jen W. said...

Yup, boots work, especially cute little ones like this! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

what a sweet little boot! you have created the perfect little CAS card! thanks for playing along with CASology this week.

Tui Nathan said...

Clean, simple .... perfection! wow, love this fun card and love all the white space!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

jimlynn said...

CUTE! Love the little boot and the way you framed it out! Great CAS card!
Lynn

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable card, Bonnie! So clean and classy! That little boot is so cute! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Aileen said...

Hi Bonnie, I think your boot fits the bill or foots it if you prefer hee hee. Well done on your glamette.x

Doris said...

You did a great job of highlighting such a small stamped image!