Monday, October 1, 2012

Merry Monday Reindeer Greetings

The Joyous Celebrations set caught my eye on the first spin through the Holiday Catalog.  There's lots of cute images in this set.  I used the little reindeer on this card.  Isn't he a cutie?  And he just fit for the Merry Monday challenge this week.


Here's Lesley's fantastic sketch for this week.


I flipped it around so the deer wouldn't be looking off the card.

And it just so happens that the Dynamic Duos challenge this week is


My other color is actually a neutral.  I wonder if that's allowed?

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Joyous Celebrations, More Merry Messages
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Festival of Prints DSP, Snow Festival DSP
Other: Extra Large Oval Punch, Ovals Die (retired)

Can you believe it's October already?  It'll be time to send out those Christmas cards in the blink of an eye.  

I hope you'll join us for the Merry Monday challenge and I know you'll enjoy taking a peek at the other designers cards.  I've been admiring them!


I hope your week is starting off well.  I'm glad you decided to spend some of it with me.

Enjoy!




18 comments:

LeAnne said...

Love the rustic simplicity of this....especially those trees lightly stamped in the background and those WONDERFUL banners!

Cynthia said...

Rudolph is just adorable! And I love the rich colors you used--beautiful and festive!! =D

Wendy said...

Totally adorable Christmas card, Bonnie! Love how you made your reindeer looking onto the card and your pretty papers! Super cute and very festive! :)

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute Christmas card Bonnie-love the cas design and your color combo-looks like one that could be mass produced easily

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful card Bonnie, love the soft trees behind your little Rudolph! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Notes by Nina said...

This is such a cute card Bonnie, I love your little reindeer and the scene you have created.

jimlynn said...

Great sketch and a fabulous card! Love the DP strips and the deer.
Lynn

Benzi said...

I love the cherry cobbler and crumb cake together. Also, pretty banners. Glad you moved Rudolph, otherwise we would be wondering what he was looking at...ha

Marie Bingaman said...

Hi Bonnie! No, I can't beleive it's October already...where has this year GONE?!?!? I love your card...it's gorgeous! :)

Kim S said...

I love the simple little scene highlighted by those rich Cherry banners! Gorgeous effect! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Simply gorgeous Bonnie. I LOVE this reindeer and his red nose. The soft background stamping of the trees is fabulous!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Yes, that reindeer is absolutely adorable! Great card, love your clean and simple take on the sketch.

Anni said...

Oh, Bonnie, this reindeer is so adorable with his red nose! Such a beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Aileen said...

Little Rudolph is adorable gazing out to the forest. Very pretty in the cherry cobbler and crumb cake. x

Darnell said...

What a fun Christmas card, Bonnie! Your little Rudolph is just adorable!!

Karen Aicken said...

Bonnie -- that is SUCH a great Christmas card! I like everything about it, especially how well you combined the challenges! Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos.
Cheers, Karen

~Tammy~ said...

Bonnie, This is GORGEOUS! You paired the challenges perfectly and I am just giddy over your execution!

Bev Gomez said...

Hey Bonnie, Love your card. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my card. Hugs, Bev