Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fond Winter Memories

I grew up in New England and have many fond memories of sledding.  We lived at the base of a mountain and could pretty much sled from the front door, but usually opted to trek up to the top of a neighboring meadow where we could get a long ride.


I was thinking about using the Remember When stamp on the inside and sending this to my brother.  We shared many an hour playing in the snow.  He still gets to play in the snow, although I doubt that shoveling counts as play in his book!

Dynamic Duos had perfect colors for a simple card with this image.


I used a new embossing folder that I dearly love because it looks just like softly falling snow.  Thanks Susan for leading me to it.

I probably should have used some of the Cherry Cobbler decorative paper for a layer,  but opted for a simple layout instead.  Am I the only one that has to force myself to use DP?

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Winter Memories
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, SU Markers (Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler)
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Other:  Blender Pen, Snowflake EF (Cuttlebug)

I'm glad you stopped by and especially glad when you leave me a comment so I can be sure to return the hello.

Enjoy!

Bonnie


22 comments:

Joyce said...

What a sweet card. It has such a vintage/retro look. I grew up in New York, and remember having a sled just like that one.

Benzi said...

Bonnie, your image is beautiful and I do love AND WANT that embossing folder. It is great for Christmas or winter cards.

That seems to be a great card for your brother.

Jules said...

Great image and super neat embossing Bonnie.

Love your colour combo too.

Love Jules xx

jimlynn said...

Triple WOW's on this one!!!! So beautiful! This really puts you in the mood for the holidays now!
Lynn

LeAnne said...

Love this, Bonnie! Perfection!

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one - I have to force myself to use DP, too! ;-)

Your card is so lovely. The image with just a few pops of red is just beautiful. And I love the little embossed 'flakes.' Very nicely done. Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week! ;-)

Unknown said...

Oh Bonnie, this is stunning! Beautiful clean lines with the perfect touch of red. I agree, the embossing looks just like falling snow. I'm so glad you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos.

Loll said...

Your image is amazing! Love the look and feel of the card ... definitely vintage. That embossing folder is fabulous (might have to add to my wish list!). Us crafters are so good at enabling each other :)

Perfect color combination for this image ... love that you opted to keep it CAS and classic! I'm with you, I don't use DP very often ... or if I do, it's in small doses on my cards.

Susan said...

I have that embossing folder, Bonnie, and it's great for raindrops as well! Love the minimal colouring - it's perfect!

Emily Keaton said...

So classic and beautiful, Bonnie!! That bow on your pretty wreath looks so dimensional--it's really outstanding!!

Jenny Engelke said...

I LOVE this card! It is perfect for this color combo with the red birds and wreath bow. It is simple and striking! I agree with LeAnne's comment....perfection!

Unknown said...

Those cardinals are just beautiful. My grandmother always loved cardinals, so you've brought back a sweet memory of her for me. That embossing folder works so well here, and now I've just added it to my wish list. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Beautiful Bonnie! What a great memory to have. I love the clean-ness of this card and the falling snow effect!

Darnell said...

Seriously? OMG. Stunnnnnning. I just love kraft and red and white and this is by far the best of the lot I've seen lately. That image is brilliant and so perfect for your brother!!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card and now I NEED that embossing folder!

Janet Kay said...

Gorgeous card! Just the right amount of color! :)

Aileen said...

Hi Bonnie. Love your colouring. Mmmm another folder to add to the list! x

MaryH said...

Your colors are just perfect as you did them. No need for dec papers. I have this particular stamp on the wish list (mainly due to the cardinal!) You colored it beautifully, and I agree about the EF. I'm off to check the link. It did indeed, make me think of falling snow. (much more fun to look out the window at it falling, than to have to shovel it!) TFS

Susan said...

Oh my Bonnie!! What a scrumptious card!!! That embossing folder was so perfect for a background!

Aimee Cretsinger said...

This is gorgeous Bonnie!!

~Tammy~ said...

What a beautiful image! I love the pop of red in the bow!

Patti said...

Love this card Bonnie. The look is so simple but the touches of red make it elegant. Beautiful.