Sunday, April 21, 2013

Z-Fold Butterfly

I've never done a lot of fancy fold cards.  But lately, I've been doing some Z-fold cards.  


And the inside.  Sorry for the blurry photo.  Hope you can get the idea though.


In case you haven't done these... I cut the cardstock at 4 1/2" and scored at 5 1/2".  Then I scored the front piece at 2 3/4" and folded it back.

I saw where someone had done a butterfly like this last week.  I'm sorry that I can't remember who did it.  Let me know so I can link back to your blog.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Petite Pairs, Papillon Potpourri
Ink:  Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green
Paper:  Whisper White, Gumball Green, Print Poetry DSP Pad
Other:  Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Square Lattice EF, Raspberry Ripple Ribbon, Basic Pearls

I'm so glad you could take the time to stop by.

Enjoy!


17 comments:

Sue - said...

Very pretty butterflies-I really like that stamp set. Haven't made a z-fold card for absolutely ages.

Marisa said...

Loving the butterlfy (no surprise there LOL) and the EF You used. What a fun fold for a card too :) Great job.

Cynthia said...

How cute! Love the happy spring colors and the happier butterflies!! ;-)

jimlynn said...

Awesome!!!

Greta said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie! Love the dry embossing & the gorgeous butterfly! I never do interesting folds--thanks for the directions.

Ellen Taylor said...

This is simply beautiful bonnie! Love the colors and your pretty flutterby!

Kim S said...

It looks so simple to do - but such a wonderful effect!

Amy Kolling said...

Beautiful! Love the embossing and butterfly!

Laura said...

What a lovely card,Bonnie!! Such a cute fold,thanks for the measurements. I love the print poetry Paper and the cute Butterflies. TFS

Anonymous said...

I have never made a Z fold card Bonnie-i might have a try at that:)
Really pretty card-and your butterfly is gorgeous.
Nessa xx

Charlotte said...

Love this card Bonnie! It's really gorgeous with the nice embossing and shiny butterfly.
G.
Charlotte

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful card, love the shape too

Aileen said...

This looks so pretty and extra special. x

Susan said...

Love your z-fold card and your double-layered butterfly. I'll be trying both of them. Thanks for putting in the measurements!

Di said...

I scurried here from the Playground, having never made a Z-fold card - more inspiration from you Bonnie. Beautiful result - right, I'm running back to the Playground now to look at the rest :) Getting my exercise this morning :))

Hugs, Di xx

Benzi said...

So beautiful inside and out. Love the sentiment and your butterfly is a beauty.

Loll said...

So pretty Bonnie. Fun fancy fold ... great texture from the embossing. So clean and fresh with this color combo. Love it! Loll xx