Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Best of Butterflies for Queen Lori

The Queen for the Day this week at SCS is Lori (aka saintsrule).  Unfortunately I was not acquainted with Lori's work.  I was amazed and found so much inspiration in her gallery.  This is the sweet card that I CASEd! I loved the soft pastel with the gray.


This butterfly. that I stamped with the new Smoky Slate, was sitting on my table.  It hadn't even made it into the UFO box.  It was a test piece for the inside of one of the upcoming Stamp Stack cards. I colored it with So Saffron ink and a blender pen.

Note:  To get softer and more even color, swipe the marker on a clear block or a plastic lid and pick up the color with a blender pen.  I go all over the image once and then go back over parts of it again to add a little more color.

I thought it would be fun to add a little sparkle so I outlined all the wing sections with a glitter pen.  See the sparkle?


CASology's challenge this week is


Butterflies are free to fly about and we don't have to pay to enjoy their beauty.

Edited to add:
Simon Says Stamp  has a new challenge  ANYTHING GOES.  Just can't pass that up!


All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Best of Butterflies, Sentiment (Stamping Studio)
Ink:  Smoky Slate, SU Marker (So Saffron)
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Other:  Blender Pen,  Lacy Brocade EF (retired), Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Glitter Pen  (no name)

I'm so glad you could stop by today.  I hope you're having a good week.

Enjoy!



15 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love this card! The color combo is just gorgeous. I love your idea of the butterfly being free to go and free to enjoy. Magical! =D

Cathy said...

Gorgeous butterfly Bonnie and the embossing is beautiful, Cathy x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful design, love the glitter on the butterfly. Your colour combination is fabulous, I never think of grey & yellow, they look great ! Shirleyx

Unknown said...

This CAS perfection Bonnie! Such a stunning combo of colours and the butterfly is beautiful! :)
Lizy xx

One Scrappy Gal said...

Oh how lovely! Love the technique of using the gray ink and the way you colored the butterfly. I only recently discovered your blog and you are on my favorite places!

Melissa said...

Butterflies are one of nature's best examples of freedom! :) This butterfly is downright gorgeous, Bonnie! All that detail packed into one beautiful creature! This is so pretty!!!
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology this week! :)

Dawny P said...

Gorgeous :) I love the colours you used and the lovely design. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Doris said...

What a Klass-y card, Bonnie!

Jeanne H said...

Just a beautiful card, Bonnie. Now to use that great stamp set. tfs :)

Benzi said...

Bonnie....I'm glad to come back to stamping today. Your card is gorgeous. I love that gray with that So Saffron. It's beautiful!

I love Lori's work and printed out something to case...unfortunatey, I never got to it.

Susan said...

What a gorgeous butterfly - love the addition of the glitter! I can see why it didn't make it into your UFO box!

Darnell said...

I'm so glad you included that close-up of your stunning butterfly, Bonnie. The other shot just doesn't do it justice! Breathtaking!!

Meghan said...

Love the sparkly butterfly! Fabulous card! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

MaryH said...

Another gorgeous, richly colored card. And yes indeed, I can see the glitter. Another technique to try. This is so beautiful. Love the EF you used. Not sure if I have this one. I need to make a list of my EF's. Got my MB dies on a spreadsheet though!!! TFS

Laura said...

Oh Bonnie, this is just Beautiful. I love the Sparkly butterfly. And the color combo is Goregeous!! TFS