Friday, June 7, 2013

For Maddy

Yesterday one of my commentors, Melissa,  left me a message about cards for Maddy.  I went to the link above and my heart was wrenched and warmed at the same time.  Briefly, Maddy is struggling with her second onset of  Acute Myeloid Leukemia and is again undergoing treatments.

The Simon Says Stamp is sponsoring a card drive for this remarkable young lady.  Do follow the links and read about her yourself and think about sending her a card.  This is the card I'll be putting in the mail for her tomorrow.



There isn't a bit of stamping on this card.  I embossed the flowers and punched the centers and butterfly out of some snippets of last years Sale-a-bration paper.  Easy peasy and uses several pieces of snippets.  I made it bright and cheerful and I pray it will cheer a very special young lady.


St. Jude Children's Hospital
Maddy Justice - Patient
262 Danny Thomas Place
Attntion Mail Stop 108
Memphis, TN 38105

Oh, and both Simon Says and Melissa are offering prizes if you link your card to their blogs.  Not as good a reason to send a card as Maddy herself, but it is added incentive.

Thank you, Melissa, for leaving the tip on my blog and I'm happy to participate.

Pixie's Crafty Workshop going to laugh at me coming back with these snippets.  I know it won't get me another chance at those droplets, but the caring ladies at the Playground would maybe like to join in the card drive.  It might keep them out of trouble for a few minutes!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: None
Ink:  None
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Whisper White, DSP (retired)
Other:  Elegant Butterfly Punch, Basic Pearls, Small flower Punch (???), EF  (Cuttlebug)

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!


15 comments:

Benzi said...

No stamping and yet so beautiful. Love the coral color. What a great card to send Maddy's way. I'm sure she will love it.

Di said...

Hi Bonnie

I spotted this the other day about Mandy and had wondered about mentioning it in the Playground - I'll send folk over to your blog on Sunday!

Lovely card - beautifully designed and made as always and, as you say, a fourth entry for such a great reason is absolutely fine. I keep saying we don't have many 'rools', apart from no pinching and hair pulling of course, smile). Err, and that includes exposing undies I should add!

Hugs, Di xx

Annette Allen said...

Bonnie this is just so sweet.. love the embossing..

jimlynn said...

It's a perfect card for Maddy! I think this would brighten anyone's day. So very lovely.
Lynn

Kristie Goulet said...

Your card is beautiful for a beautiful girl. I am going to make a card to send to her today.

Susan said...

Beautiful use of that simple embossing folder! A great idea to punch the tiny flowers to use as centres on the embossed flowers. I'm sure Maddy will love your card.

Cynthia said...

Ooo! Love this card!! I have the same flower EF and never quite knew what to do with it. NOW I know!! =D I think Maddy will love this one!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie :)and for such a beautiful young lady.

I have just typed up my post for tomorrow featuring a card i have made a card for Maddy too :)I hope the cardmaking and blogging gang will all be inspired by Maddy's courage and send her a card to make her smile-i have to say though i hope her poor postman's mail sack is a large one LOL i think he is going to have his work cut out!
Nessa xx

Melissa Bove said...

Oh, Bonnie, your card is absolutely gorgeous! I am sure Maddy will cherish it! Thank you so much for putting a smile on her face!

big hugs to you....
Melissa

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Thank you for including the link to Maddy's story on Simon Says. What strength she has ... it is inspiring.

Maddy will love your card ... it's so beautiful and the butterfly represents life and hope so it is the perfect image for your card. Loll xx

Ellen Taylor said...

Fantastic card for Maddy! Love the colors and the embossing! It's sure to put a smile on her face!!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the colors you chose!!
Thank you for sharing about this young girl Maddy!! I would love to join in and send this sweet girl a card!!

MaryH said...

Lovely, lovely, and what a sweet & encouraging card it will be to Miss Maddy. Also wanted to say Congrats as I just saw your name as one of Pixie's wins of the Ryn water droplet stamp. Always so happy to see a name I 'know' as a winner. TFS & Hugs. Will try to get a card for Maddy so thanks for the info. Happy Sunday evening

Laura said...

WOW, Bonnie!! This is a Very cheerful and lovely card for Maddy. So sorry to hear about a young girl going through something that is so big in our Eyes. But I know in Gods Eyes is something he can Heal!! I will for sure stop by the link. Thanks for the Information.