Monday, June 17, 2013

Merry Monday Holiday Peace

There's another great sketch at Merry Monday this week!

 

I pulled out an old stamp set.


The dove was stamped on Midnight Muse and Whisper White and embossed with silver.  I fussy cut the white dove and adhered it over the blue dove with dimensionals.  Someone asked what fussy cutting was.  It's just a fancy way of saying I cut it out with scissors.

The shaped bottom was also fussy cut.  In this case freehand.

After I die cut the circle from the Midnight image, I used the leftover piece for another card.


Two more Christmas cards for my stash!

Be sure to check out the other fabulous cards by the design team. 


Then grab  your stamps and join us at Merry Monday.  I'll be looking for your card in the gallery!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  To You and Yours, Good Cheer Builder Wheel* (card 1)
Ink:  Encore Silver
Paper:  Midnight Muse, Whisper White
Other:  Silver EP, Silver Cord (card 2-non SU)

* I removed the rubber from the wheel and added Clear Mount Cling foam to use on a clear block.

Thanks for the visit! 

Enjoy!




14 comments:

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous, Bonnie!! Love the blue/white/silver combo. And good job on fussy cutting--that takes a steady hand and a good eye!! =D

Lesley said...

Lovely cards in blue and silver my friend! Hugs!

Marisa said...

Fabulously done, Bonnie! Gorgeous card.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the dove image you used!

Sue - said...

Like them both Bonnie. I do like dark blue and silver together.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful color, beautiful image, and a sensational card! I love the addition of the twine at the bottom too. So very lovely.
Lynn

Laura said...

What a fun sketch and you did an awesome job with it! I love the fussy cut and the silver embossing is lovely. Beautiful Card!! TFS

LeAnne said...

Ooooooh....so pretty! And I wondered how you got that sentiment like that. ...you are a clever girl!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Stunning - absolutely stunning! Love the colours and the embossing adds to the elegance of this card!

Kim S said...

I love your use of a long sentiment on the first card, with the little flourish in the center - great use of the sketch!

Wendy said...

These are beautiful cards, Bonnie! Love this in the navy & white color combo!

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are beautiful Bonnie, the blue, white and silver is so elegant.

Margaret Moody said...

Your cards are just gorgeous, Bonnie! I love the color scheme you chose to work with. Love the silver embossing too!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous cards, love them both!