Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Coloring with Prismacolor Pencils

Ten lovely ladies from the Creative Arts group joined me today for a hands on lesson with Prismacolor pencils. If you read my blog of March 9th, you will remember that my very artistic friend, Jean gave us a demonstration of the art of drawing and coloring with this medium.

Today, we got to try it for ourselves. Actually, Jean gave me a private lesson a couple of weeks ago. (It takes me longer than most people to learn a new technique!) My first attempt was awful! Today everyone did much better with their first try!

This was actually my second attempt. It was a big improvement from the first time, but still way behind Jean's original.

I was helping the ladies this morning so I didn't get to "paint" until this afternoon. This time I tried a rose. If practice makes perfect, I have a long ways to go! It did go faster and I was quite pleased with the results. I'll show it to you soon.

I didn't write down the colors I used. I'll try to do better on that. The card is Pretty in Pink embossed with the BIG GUY and the SU Perfect Details Texturz Plate. The picture is matted with Whisper White.

I think that I'll work more with this technique. I'm not good at seeing the shading. I'm a person that doesn't see the trees for the forest. Maybe this will readjust my brain a bit so I can see things differently. They say that's good for keeping Alzheimer's Disease at bay. It beats medication!

Thanks for stopping in today. Come back soon.
Bonnie

No comments: