Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My First Black Magic Card

Hello Stampin' Friends. I told you yesterday that I had been working on a new (to me) technique that I would share with you today.

Ta da da daa! Here it is and it's called 'Black Magic'.


I first saw this technique done on a card by Karen Barber on Splitcoaststampers. You can go to her gallery here and her blog here. (I hope this is actually the tutorial link, but I'm never quite sure.)

This week the Technique Lover's Challenge is to do a card with that Old Black Magic.

So I gave it a try.

I need to work on this technique some more. Actually that sounds like fun to me!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Always, Together Forever
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Whisper White
Acc.: Watercolor Pencils, Prismacolor Pencils, White Gel Pen, Big Shot, Texturz Plate, Ticket Corner, Large Oval & Designer Label Punches

I experimented on this next one and used SU Markers. It has a similar look but I like the colored & watercolor pencils on the first one better. They have a smoother look. (I see another reason to invest in the SU Watercolor Pencils.)


Card Recipe
Stamps: Always
Paper: Basic Black, Blush Blossom
Ink: Whisper White
Acc.: SU Markers, White Gel Pen, Big Shot, Whacked Finial Press Embossing Folder, Tiny Pearls

It's fun to try new things and if they don't come out just right the first time, I can look forward to trying again. I hope this will inspire you to try something new.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I think they both look great! I have tried this technique too - I think it's really the white gel pen that makes it really pop. Sure is lots of fun:)