Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Baroque Butterfly

spot
Isn't this bright?  The colors for the Color Challenge on SCS this week are Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise & White with a butterfly for dessert!



The butterfly box was still out from yesterday's card and I just happened to have one in Tempting Turquoise.  Imagine that!  Usually there wouldn't be one in the color that I needed!

The swirls from Baroque Motif stamped off the side and some Itty Bitty punched flowers with tiny pearl centers made a bright design.

The card is 4 1/4" square.  I only had a small piece of Tempting Turquoise card stock, so that determined the size of the design area.  The Whisper White is 3 7/8" and the Turquoise a scant 1/8" larger.

Again, it's not a color scheme I would have ever come up with, but I think I like it!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Baroque Motif, Because I Care
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Accessories:  Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Basic Pearls, Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit

Oh, and I put a couple of the tiny die cut butterflies on the inside.

And I almost forgot.  I'll be sending this over to {Made by Me} Wednesday at 2pawsdesigns.

Thanks for stopping by to visit today. 

Enjoy,
Bonnie

3 comments:

Laura said...

Love this card! That color combination is so pretty! :)

Benzi said...

Hi Bonnie, thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. I love what you did with this card. The colors did turn out to be very pretty indeed. Have a happy stampin' day and be like me...do a challenge instead of housework. Ugh! LOL

Sarah Coggins said...

Gorgeous card! Love that color scheme. :) Thanks for linking them up to {Made by Me} Wednesday!