Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Peace, Love, Joy


Hello again, Stampin' Friends.  As promised, here's a card with this neat technique.  MariLynn at SCS calls it the W.I.S.H technique.    It is very similar to Catherine Pooler's Smoosh technique that I saw last winter.


Basically, since I don't remember where I hid the markers after Luke tried to change the color of my couch to green, I had to use the reinkers for my color.  I used Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz and some Frost White Shimmer paint.

In case you don't want to check the links, here's a quick rundown.  I used a sandwich bag and cut the sides.  I opened the bag up and put some drops of Baja & Pear re-inker on one side.  Then I caught a little Shimmer paint in the top of the bottle and dripped it with the re-inker.  I closed the bag and "smooshed" it around.  (Warning, it can get very messy!)  Then I opened the bag and layed a piece of Whisper White on one side, pressing it and smooshing the paper onto the ink.

It makes a very pretty background doesn't it?  You can't really see the shimmer paint in the picture, but it gives it a nice pearly glow.

The layout is for the CAS93 challenge at SCS.

The colors, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz & Perfect Plum are from the CC297 also at SCS.

Card Recipe:
Stamps:  All Holidays
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black
Paper:  Whisper White, Perfect Plum
Accessories:  Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle & 2 1/2" Circle Punches, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads

It was really messy but well worth the effort.  By the way, I folded the bag up and smooshed again twice and had 3 backgrounds from one inking. 

I tried it later with the Perfect Plum and evidently got too much of the darker inks.  It was very muddy looking.

That's it for tonight.  Thank you so much for visiting.  I hope you will come back soon.

Enjoy,
Bonnie


4 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

This background is SO lovely, Bonnie!! You got such a lovely color from all of that smooshing :)

Benzi said...

Wow! I do love the background..just awesome. Messy is a word I don't like, though. LOL But, I would love to try this. Funny about your couch almost going green.

Doris said...

Cool! I'll have to try this...

MaryH said...

Oh my yes! I love this one too. But I think your later blue one is more sparkly. Maybe due to lighter color shade? This one has an intense, rich look. TFS. I'll see if I can find the video. TFS the link.