Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Winter Post Skaters


Hello Stampin' Friends.  Today's card uses the sketch from Sketch Challenge 305 at Splitcoaststampers. It's another square card, which I don't normally think to do.  But they are so cute and Roxie has a put a link to her tutorial on adapting an A2 envelope for a square card.  No extra postage!

 

I stamped the skaters from Winter Post with Black StazOn then colored the pair with SU Markers, stamped the edge of the snowflake from that set in the corners, & used the Color Spritzer to speckle the background a bit.

The snowflakes, from the Northern Hearts set, are stamped in Whisper White and embossed with White.  I'm a real messy embosser.  I should have used the embossing buddy first, but I didn't so there are some renegade flakes floating around there!  Fortunately, with snow, it's not a big deal.  I also embossed one larger snowflake, added a bit of glue and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds, then cut it out.  A rhinestone in the center makes it sparkle a bit more.  I don't think the sparkle shows up well in the photo.  It sure shows up well on my stamping table!  LOL, I'll be sparkling for days!

The white background is Shimmery White, embossed with the Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder and adhered to a Night of Navy 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" card.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Winter Post, Northern Hearts
Ink:  Black StazOn, Whisper White, Night of Navy
Paper:  Night of Navy, Shimmery White, Whisper White
Accessories:  SU Markers (Night of Navy, Garden Green, Real Red), Color Spritzer Tool, White Embossing Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Basic Rhinestone, Big Shot, Petals-a-Plenty EF

Now I need to use the tutorial to do the envelope.

Thanks for the visit.  Hope you come back soon.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

3 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

You did super on this great square card, Bonnie! I just love the smaller size, don't you?

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hello, sparkly girl! I love your winter card. I can't see the renegade snowflakes, but I know what you mean. My embossing never comes out perfect. Great job on the sketch!

Sarah Coggins said...

So pretty! Love the embossing and depth to your design. :) Thanks for sharing on {Made by Me} Wednesday!