Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Peach Meadow

Another card from my trusty Pocket Sihouettes.


I'll be sending this to the jac-inks challenge site to use WARM colors.  These friends are in Australia and it's Autumn there.  I understand that they're getting a taste of Winter in their Fall.  Here in NC we are getting a taste of Summer in our Spring.  It's been in the 90°'s for 3 days now!  At least the humidity is low and I am ever so thankful for air conditioning!

The Free 4 All challenge at SCS last Friday was to use opposite colors of the color wheel.  Now, I'm going to admit to you that the whole color wheel thing confuses me.  My system is to lay colors together and if it doesn't make my eyes hurt, it's probably ok.  Not very scientific is it?

Here's the color wheel


I used the Orange-Yellow and Blue-Violet.  It really made a hot warm card didn't it?

Maybe it will warm those Aussie's up a bit or at least make them feel cozy.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Pocket Silhouettes
Ink:  SU Markers (Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, Old Olive)
Paper:  Peach Parfait, Whisper White, Concord Crush
Accessories:  Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit

Thanks for visiting today.  And I've really enjoyed your comments.

Do any of you have problems leaving comments on some blogs?  Sometimes when I leave a comment, the blog keeps trying to load and I have to close out Explorer to get it to stop.  I have an ancient computer that is super slow anyway and it takes so long to leave comments that I never get to them all.  I'll get a new computer soon.  Hopefully that will help.

Enjoy!

Bonnie

7 comments:

Shirley said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Those itty bitty butterflies are the perfect touch!

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie. Yes, it is COLD down here!

Ann Craig said...

HI Bonnie, Lovely to see some more of you gorgeous creative card making. And thanks for the "Warm" wishes! The simplicity of your card is delightful and at the same time there are those lovely details that I find when I look closely.
TFS with us at jac-inks Challenges, we love to see your submissions.

Victoria said...

Beautiful card Bonnie!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Vicky Hayes said...

I love what you've done with the colours here! I find Pocket Silhouettes is the perfect go-to set - a meadow scene works for so many occasions!

I haven't had problems myself but am reading all over the internet that people are. You are not alone Bonnie!

Benzi said...

Yes, I have had problems since Tuesday but a friend today told me the same thing someone told you (your tip at the top of page) and it seems to have worked..thankfully. What a pain!

The card is sp pretty and I love those colors.

Debbles Dabbles said...

Bonnie, I love this card. I love the way you have used the colour wheel to add some depth into the warm colours & the smaller image on the larger card. Really like this image. Hope you will join us again. Thanks for playing along with Jac-inks.