Friday, May 6, 2011

Featuring Susan

This week's Feature Stamper at SCS is lateblossom aka Susan who started the One Layer Wednesday challenge.  I have been a fan of her Clean & Simple style for some time and was so excited to see that she was being honored!   I used this card of Susan's as inspiration for this piece...


A while back Susan blogged about having so much colored card stock and especially all the shades of yellow.  I too have lots of yellow.  I love it, but for some reason don't use it that much.  But this time I went all out with the So Saffron.  I thought it went really well with this design.

By the way, I'm not sure what kind of bird this is supposed to be.  He doesn't look like the right shape for a chickadee or goldfinch, but a goldfinch he is.....this time!

You can visit Susan's SCS gallery here and her blog here.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Every Moment, Short & Sweet
Ink:  Black StazOn, SU Markers (Daffodil Delight, Basic More Mustard, Black, Soft Suede, Garden Green)
Paper:  Shimmery White, More Mustard, So Saffron
Accessories:  Corner rounder Punch

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I really appreciate all the fine comments you have left!

Enjoy!

Bonnie

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Your bird is beautiful and the card is wonderful! I love the simplicity!

laughing in lalaland said...

This is a beautiful card! The bird is all the more precious with the simple design. thanks

Emily Keaton said...

Gorgeous! You've captured Susan's style perfectly here. I really love all the yellows you used!!

Benzi said...

Bonnie, I love this bird card...so simple and so sweet among the cattails. Good choice of color with the cardstock.

Marsha Fisher said...

So sweet! Love the colors and layout--just right :0)