Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sail Away

Stampin' Up!'s new Summer Mini Catalog went live on Sunday.  There are some awesome stamps and sets in this catalog!  This card uses the Sail Away stamp.  It's an a la CARTE stamp.


The CAS challenge at Splitcoaststampers this week is a color challenge.  The colors are Chocolate, Sand , Baby Blue & White.

I was really stumped.  I tried and tried to make a baby thank you card and it just wasn't working out.

Then I realized that these colors were perfect for this new sailboat stamp.  I inked the stamp with markers, stamped, then sponged some blue for water & sky.  It only took a few minutes to do this card!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sail Away
Ink:  Baja Blue, Blushing Blue, SU Markers (Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist)
Paper:  Chocolate chip, Whisper White, Sahara Sand
Accessories:  Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Hemp Twine, Wooden beads from misc. stash

Note:  I tried using my Sahara Sand marker but it was coloring in a greenish tint. Hence the Crumb Cake.  Still sandy.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Your encouraging comments are much appreciated.

Enjoy!

Bonnie

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! This was the first stamp on my wish list from the new mini and you did it proud!

Benzi said...

Hi Bonnie, glad to be back. I've been busy as we had our son and family here after the storms as they lost all power.
Your card is just beautiful and I do really like those colors for it. I just love sailboat images. I have one that I use for masculine cards.

Cynthia said...

Love your card, Bonnie! When I saw that sailboat stamp in the catalog, I knew it was going to make some great cards!!

Christine Blain said...

Great card, Bonnie. I love the detail of the embossing folder behind the nice, simple, stamped image - just perfect!

Vicky Hayes said...

Isn't this stamp just gorgeous! Such a lovely calm image - and perfect for all those male cards! Sahara Sand is mis-named I think, as it is more green than sand coloured. River Rock is a good golden sand colour though. Vx

Anonymous said...

Really a beautiful card. Love the embossing folder.