Thursday, June 23, 2011

Out to Sea Again

I've really enjoyed this Open Sea set.  I was so disappointed that it didn't make it into the new Idea Book and Catalog.  It's such a great set for the men in our lives!


I actually did part of this card at Scrap & Share a couple of weeks ago.  It's been sitting on my desk waiting to be shared.

The ship's log stamp was inked with Crumb Cake and stamped off then stamped on Very Vanilla.  Then I stamped the ship on top with Chocolate Chip.  The log was subtle enough that I didn't need to mask.

There is a compass attached to the inside.  It was stamped with Chocolate Chip and stamped off, then punched with the 1 1/4" circle punch and matted it with a 1 3/8" Chocolate Chip Circle.  I punched a hole with the 1/16" hole punch and threaded it with a piece of linen thread.

I'll submit this to the SCS Ways to Use it Challenge to do a card without white cardstock.  She didn't say no vanilla or white so I think this is ok.

And the Technique Lover's Challenge on Monday, again at SCS, was to do a card with an Old World Look.  This is probably too clean to be considered "Old World" by anyone else's standards, but it looks old to me.  Maybe that's because it's been sitting on my desk so long!  LOL!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  The Open Sea
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  1 1/4", 1 3/8" & 1/16" punches, Linen Thread

Thanks so much for the visit.  Wish we could've shared a glass of iced tea and a few giggles!

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Benzi said...

I think it looks Old World and a fine job you did. I just LOVE that set. Super card, Bonnie!

Emily Keaton said...

Fabulous masculine card, Bonnie!! I love the old-world look you achieved here. :)

Christine Blain said...

I love this, Bonnie. Simple, yet a fabulous masculine card.

Shirley said...

Totally beautiful! I would even like to get it. LOLOL It's lovely!

Jodene said...

This is a perfect masculine card, something I always struggle with! I didn't think I would have any use for this set, but now that I see it's potential I will have to get it :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Really really like this, perfect masculine card

G Peplow said...

I love this one too, Gay xxx