Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fresh Poppin' Pastels

The Friday Mashup challenge for this week is to do a birthday card for Holly and mash it up by using pastels.

Now this doesn't say Happy Birthday does it?  However, I wish Holly a wonderful day when she is free to create anything she wants.  Happy Birthday Holly! 

To do the Poppin' Pastels technique, just stamp in VersaMark then rub your sponge dauber (or eye makeup applicator) in the Pastels and rub on the stamped design.  It gives such a soft look don't you think?

I was at a loss what to do with the design once it was done.  Then I looked at the Featured Stanper Challenge at SCS on Sunday and browsed through Pam's wonderful gallery.  When I saw this card it just clicked.

All supplies Stampin' Up
Card Recipe
Stamps: Fresh Vintage, Loving Thoughts
Ink:  VersaMark, Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Other:  Stampin' Pastels, Sponge Daubers, 2 1/2"  Circle & large Scallop Circle punches, White Gel Pen, Big Shot Square Lattice EF

I'm so glad you stopped by.  Isn't it fun to visit each other?

Enjoy!
 

17 comments:

Kim P said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors you used on that image! (Mine arrived TODAY!) Thanks for hanging out with us at the Friday Mashup!

Emily Keaton said...

I LOVE doing Poppin' Pastels! Your colorful focal point is perfect for this clean and beautiful card. :)

Benzi said...

Oh, yummy! I love your beautiful card. Guess what? Pam is my SU demo and we live about 1 1/2-2 hrs. from each other. She's a super girl and great stamper.

Sarah Coggins said...

Very pretty! I love the stamped flowers and the embossed background. A day to create sounds like a fabulous birthday. :)

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, I love the colour combination and texture that you used. Very interesting technique with your image, I think I might have to try that.

Cynthia said...

I've never seen that technique done, Bonnie, but it's really beautiful! I agree--it does give it a really soft look. I love it on that Razzeleberry too. That's such a gorgeous color.

Sandy said...

The image looks lovely using this technique, a beautiful card, love the colours and the embossing.
Sandy

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Bonnie,

What a really pretty CAS card you've created. Thanks so much for joining us.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Vicky Hayes said...

The technique works brilliantly using this image! It's not often I'm inspired to get my pastels out!

Aileen said...

The pastels are lovely and delicate and the Rich Razzleberry compliments them very well. I will certainly be having a go at this technique. x

Kim S said...

I have not used that technique. You have made it absolutely beautiful and I am going to have to try!

hollybeary creations said...

Thank you for the Birhthday wishes Bonnie.. I'd love for a day to sit and create it's been a long time since I've had a free day like that. I love the soft feel you achieved using this techniques and the color combo is perfect. Great to see you back with us at the Friday Mashup.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great poppin' pastels! I don't do that technique often enough. It really is so soft and pretty. And the way you've designed your card really helps those flowers stand out!

Heidi Baks said...

I love your focus on the soft flowers - very lovely! Thanks for playing with us this week.

Lisa A. said...

How pretty, Bonnie!! The razzleberry really makes the white and your flowers pop...LOVELY!!!

Susan said...

Bonnie, I really love this technique! Thanks for reminding me of it! Your card is so soft and delicate looking!

Lesley said...

This is gorgeous Bonnie! Love the flower done in pastels. Thanks for playing along at The Friday Mashup!
Hugs,
Lesley