Sunday, June 30, 2013

Keeping Cool with Snow Much Fun

Summer has arrived with all the heat and humidity.  So I pulled out a snowman to play with.


This was the picture on my January page of one of my calendars.  The more I look at it the more it looks like a giant snowman hanging in the air.  I should have cut his feet out to sit on the top flag.  LOL, I'll send this to someone with a good sense of humor!

I used the sketch from Merry Monday.  There's still time to play over there.

Rudolph days lasts until the end of the month.  Sarn has a delightful card up there and some fun Christmas stamps for a lucky winner.

Festive Friday wants to see a tree on our card.

Winter Wonderland has an interesting challenge


3 snowflakes
2 papers
1 image

3 snowflakes at the top of the DSP (lots in the snowman), 2 decorative papers.  It might be a stretch for the one image, but I'm hoping it's close enough.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Snow Much Fun (retired), Lovely as a Tree, More Merry Messages
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Always Artichoke, Handsome Hunter (retired), SU Markers (Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black)
Other:  Dazzling Details

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you're having a great weekend!

Enjoy!


18 comments:

Sarn said...

A lovely festive snowman card Bonnie. Thank you for joining in.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Thanks for the chilly scene :) Feels good to think of snow right now - whew!

Such a cute snowman ... and love that bright red paper.

Stay cool. Loll xx

Irene said...

A beautiful christmas card Bonnie, the snowman is adorable and I love the red background.
luv
irene
xxxx

Marie Bingaman said...

Looks great to me Bonnie! :)

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, he looks great just where he is! Love the background too. Very festive and fun!
Lynn

Narelle Farrugia said...

Everytime you use this stamp set Bonnie, I wish I had've got it when it was still in the cattie! You've created such a fabulous snowy scene!

Benzi said...

Oh my goodness, you know I love this snowman. He really looks grounded to me and not hanging in the air. What a cutie!!!!

Greta said...

He does look big, but I like it! Such a cute holiday card, Bonnie, & works for so many challenges--I have trouble with that.

Mrs A. said...

I just luv your Snowman with his bright colours. Hugs Mrs a.

Mary Marsh said...

well until you mentioned I didn't even notice the feet-I really like this card Bonnie-I have not made a Christmas card yet-need to start soon

Geri said...

This is just the sweetest little scene, Bonnie, and I love the red background and the balance of your layout! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday with this cheery little creation!!!

Cynthia said...

Sooooo cute!! Love LOVE snowmen in July!!

downrightcrafty said...

such a pretty image and beautiful card, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

JoAnn said...

Adorable card. Love the snowman and the scene with the trees.

Laura said...

Bonnie, I think your snowman is perfect! I love the scenery. Love your pretty RED Paper!! Red Always catches my Eye, My fav color. TFS

Cathy said...

This snowman is so sweet! Love the trees too. I have the tree stamp set and haven't used it yet, but I think you've inspired me to ink it up! Beautiful card :) Cathy x

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, this is so cute! What a perfect winter scene! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

Mary H. said...

Adorable snowie, and love the way you presented him. I thought he looked as though he was standing in snow...didn't look 'hanging' to me! And he's darned cute too! Great card, and TFS